Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Often in the past we've defended well against a big 6 side but faded as they overran us in the last 20 minutes.

Very encouraging to see that CH made positive subs towards the end rather than more of the same. Normally he would have taken Murray off and put Locadia on but this time he played with two strikers at the end. And very nearly earned a point.

I'm a great CH fan, but if I had one complaint that he tended to be relatively negative with substitutions, let's hang on to what we've got.

Not today, great job Chris :clap2::clap2:

He has belief in the whole squad now. Subs today and the intensity shown after the first goal last weekend clearly signal a different approach this season- and with Andone and Jose still to come it's a mouth watering prospect.

Expect far more entertainment and goals this year.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Are you taking the piss?

He's absolutely worked his bollocks off today. 10 minutes ago he sprinted the length of the pitch to try and tackle the keeper.

And what would of he had done if all that headless chicken running around won him a few tackles. Assist a good chance. No. Played someone in on goal. No.
take on three players and eventually lose possession. Or take on a world class goalie, and can't even hit the ****ing target.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
And what would of he had done if all that headless chicken running around won him a few tackles. Assist a good chance. No. Played someone in on goal. No.
take on three players and eventually lose possession. Or take on a world class goalie, and can't even hit the ****ing target.

Probably a little harsh. He's a decent player at this level, petulant but put's in a shift, but no World beater. He was decent today though, if he'd put that chance away we'd all be creaming over him.
AJ has already shown enough to suggest he'll likely be first choice eventually. AK is certainly worth a place in this squad.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He reminds me of that pretentious kid at school who would take forever to say nothing. Just a big jumpy ball of aimless energy. I mean what was that, crouching behind the wall in the first half free kick?

A tactic to be in the way if the wall jumps, maybe :wozza:

Technohead

Aug 10, 2013
Burgess Hill

#shouldve

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
WTF - McManaman is actually more biased the Gary Neville.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd have loved to have seen how gracious the Scouselanders would have been on Twitter if Gross' header was just a smidge more in the corner.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Our tried and tested home side don't perform away from the Amex.
Really think the new players should be given more chances like today.
Their pace gave us an out ball which meant we got behind the Liverpool lines.
Murray should have been on the bench and Locadia up front.
Apart from Bissouma being taken off the team that finished the game is the one we should have started with.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION] you're missing a trick here:-

[tweet]1033431897303654407[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here