Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I expect another week where the other team is the focus for not doing well rather than credit being given to us for stopping them, but was a great performance all round. Shame we (a) gifted them an easy goal and (b) couldn't finish any of our chances as we could have left there with something.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
The last fifteen minutes was great football all round. Despite Liverpool having most of the ball we looked genuinely dangerous. The new boys (Locadia included) gave Liverpool a lot to deal with.

We can be proud that Liverpool never looked comfortable with that scoreline and looked a bit disappointed/relieved at the end.

Morvangull

Oct 19, 2010
Bognor Regis
A much better away performance and encouraging for the rest of the season. I thought Bissouma had a very good full debut and the way Balogan played we didn't miss Dunk at all.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
So close to getting a point at Anfield - great performance, sad we didn’t get the point. Was expecting a cricket score but we played so well to keep them out.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Happy with that. Gross was unlucky at the end but we worked hard and battled against one oft he two top teams in the country. Wish we'd done this against Watford... still onward and upward.

gross unlucky??...........awful header and should score.

good 2nd half

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Loads of positives to take from that and some great skill and composure on the ball. Squad depth making a huge difference when we make changes as well.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
the CH away tactics against the 'big 6' almost worked to perfection ... can see us getting more away points this season even if we play exactly the same as today which I am sure we wont for many of them

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Glad I changed to the NBC stream at halftime. Imagine getting a scouser in to do the commentary for a Liverpool home game, as if that's going to be impartial. Fkin clowns BT.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
You've got to remember McManaman will always be a scouser, so will see every other 'lowly' team through liver bird tinted specs......unless the bizzies are about, then he'll do a runner

Arvin

Jul 24, 2018
Washington DC
If not for that silly mistake, Brighton could easily have gotten something out of this match.
Duffy MOTM, very composed and intelligent defending.
First half was very lacking offensively, only positives came from Bissouma making intelligent turns and driving at the liverpool back line. Second half was a bit better going up, but you can't really blame them for not being able to create much as they were forced to track back very often to cover liverpool's wide men. Locadia, AJ, Gross were all excellent coming on, brought a lot of positivity and energy to the team and it really looked like Brighton could have made it level. If the changes had come in 10 minutes sooner, we might be looking at a 1-1 scoreline.

Great game though, impressed by the performance

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Happy ish with that, not many teams will do better at Anfield this season,but, if Grosses chance had fallen to Murray, we'd have come home with the draw.

Often in the past we've defended well against a big 6 side but faded as they overran us in the last 20 minutes.

Very encouraging to see that CH made positive subs towards the end rather than more of the same. Normally he would have taken Murray off and put Locadia on but this time he played with two strikers at the end. And very nearly earned a point.

I'm a great CH fan, but if I had one complaint that he tended to be relatively negative with substitutions, let's hang on to what we've got.

Not today, great job Chris :clap2::clap2:

time to move murray to defensive midfield (replace propper for a bit maybe?) and put the new boys upfront? I mean part of the reason murray is slow apart from age is because he spends so much time running back to defend bless him.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
time to move murray to defensive midfield (replace propper for a bit maybe?) and put the new boys upfront? I mean part of the reason murray is slow apart from age is because he spends so much time running back to defend bless him.

You are Schteave McClaren, and I claim my £5.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here