Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Joke Du Jour

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Seems to be a lot of man utd fans going to travel agents recently and being given the same info.
I'm not sure I trust this fake news anymore.

Especially on Facebook. This must be the thirteenth or fourteenth time I've seen this joke de jour since Sunday.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Why the need for "this time of year" unless you count May and August as the same time of year
Correct. They're is a much better version of this story that makes more sense (one of the many I have seen recently):

Man United fan goes to a travel agent.

Says "I'm looking for a summer holiday destination in England. Somewhere on the South Coast".

Travel agent says "Well, you can't beat Brighton".

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
A Manchester United fan walks in to a Travel Agents and asks "any nice mini breaks available?" Travel Agent replies "well you can't beat Brighton this time of year":lolol:
...but you can beat an egg?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
How would the Travel agent know he was a Man U fan? - Just because the person turns out to have been a fan in the end, doesn't mean they had anything that may have given the travel agent any idea of his football allegiance, and therefore the Brighton recommendation could have been completely unconnected with the result of the recent match.

It could just be coincidental that the travel agent was offering Brighton as a potential destination. It could have been based upon its merits as a travel destination alone, or maybe it's a case of the owners pushing the travel agent's staff to sell holidays to Brighton by offering incentives for them to recommend this particular location to shoppers, maybe through a sales competition, which is why so many Man U fans are being offered this option recently

Maybe they did and that's how they arrived at Brighton as their recommendation (the Man U fan may have wanted a UK destination as they may not even own a passport, thus ruling out foreign destinations altogether) We just don't have enough information to know for sure from the information provided in the initial post, maybe the OP can clarify this further

I’m surprised you haven’t questioned the likelihood that this alleged Manchester United supporter ‘walked in’ to a travel agents at all. 84% of holiday trade,domestic or otherwise, is conducted online.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I’m surprised you haven’t questioned the likelihood that this alleged Manchester United supporter ‘walked in’ to a travel agents at all. 84% of holiday trade,domestic or otherwise, is conducted online.

Maybe they when during their lunch break at work, as they were interested in finding out more about their possible trip destinations from a real person and then do what most people who shop on the high street do, buy it later online for less

Alternatively, If they were glory hunters who still supported Man Utd, i doubt that they will have heard of the internet, let alone know how to use it as they are so far behind the times and haven't moved on to a more successful team yet

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Correct. They're is a much better version of this story that makes more sense (one of the many I have seen recently):

Man United fan goes to a travel agent.

Says "I'm looking for a summer holiday destination in England. Somewhere on the South Coast".

Travel agent says "Well, you can't beat Brighton".

According to the meteorological calendar summer is June, July & August....May is classed as Spring, so the correct question would have to be 'looking for a late spring, or late summer destination....'

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
According to the meteorological calendar summer is June, July & August....May is classed as Spring, so the correct question would have to be 'looking for a late spring, or late summer destination....'
This would be a very sensible point were it not for the fact that the version of the story I related did not mention the time of year that Manchester United were unable to beat Brighton.

That was done intentionally, I believe, in order to remove the ambiguity surrounding seasons and the fact that we seem able to beat those ****ing shithouse scummy **** ***** at home whatever time of year it is.

Therefore I stand by the argument that this description of the events at the travel agent's premises does actually make sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here