Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] What do you think the restrictions should be for away fans posting on NSC?

What do you think the restrictions should be for away fans posting on NSC?

• Total voters

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
A troll is a troll is a troll.

It doesn't matter who you support, so long as you contribute positively to a thread.

Frankly, some of the worst recent trolling here has been BHA against BHA. The trolling of HBB (regardless of whether you thought he was a prat or not) was disgraceful, but seemed to go unchallenged by mods and others. I'm not surprised he finally flounced, as by the end every time he came on, the usual suspects were queuing up to have a pop.

Not even the most tedious away fan has had endure anything similar in my time on here.

If they want to post their version of the truth, then let them so long as they keep to the rules of the board like everyone else. It isn't as if we are overrun with them.

Without wanting to cause Bozza any problems, the poster you mention didn't "flounce" because of being trolled (he clearly reveled in that). He left the forum because he was attempting to start a career in politics and didn't want his internet persona to affect it. To the point where he attempted to get Bozza in trouble because said poster was so embarrassed about his posting history on here.

I'm not disagreeing with the gist of your post but we shouldn't rewrite what actually happened.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Just because you think something is bullshit, does not necessarily mean it is. The gist of your post is, if you disagree with us be abused or leave. Luckily not all Brighton fans are the same.

To be fair, most Palace posts on here are either bullshit or tedious trolling. Where did I say you have to be abused? If you stop trying to wind up people on every thread then perhaps you'll be treated better? Like I said: the mods on Palace forums won't let any away fans on there (apart from tucked away in the corner), you lot only get booted when you act like total tits.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
A troll is a troll is a troll.

It doesn't matter who you support, so long as you contribute positively to a thread.

Frankly, some of the worst recent trolling here has been BHA against BHA. The trolling of HBB (regardless of whether you thought he was a prat or not) was disgraceful, but seemed to go unchallenged by mods and others. I'm not surprised he finally flounced, as by the end every time he came on, the usual suspects were queuing up to have a pop.

Not even the most tedious away fan has had endure anything similar in my time on here.

If they want to post their version of the truth, then let them so long as they keep to the rules of the board like everyone else. It isn't as if we are overrun with them.

I completely disagree with you. HB&B was one of the biggest trolls on this forum (before leaving to start a political campaign; he didn't flounce). If you are going to come onto a forum and troll, you can't have any complaints if you are trolled back (I'm sure he loved the responses he got, which is why he continued to troll for years on here).

I can't think of a single genuine poster (ie, in your words, someone whose purpose is to "contribute positively to a thread") that gets trolled on here.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Like I said: the mods on Palace forums won't let any away fans on there (apart from tucked away in the corner)

That is factually incorrect. There are plenty of away fans who post regularly on the main boards so long as they don’t troll or try and wind up the locals. Yes the tolerence level is very limited so if you want to take the piss then the Aways Fans Forum is there and you can say what you want. If you want to discuss football without the rivalry based bollocks then you’ll be fine.

There are several people on here for whom I have sorted out their BBS access in the past.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That is factually incorrect. There are plenty of away fans who post regularly on the main boards so long as they don’t troll or try and wind up the locals. Yes the tolerence level is very limited so if you want to take the piss then the Aways Fans Forum is there and you can say what you want. If you want to discuss football without the rivalry based bollocks then you’ll be fine.

There are several people on here for whom I have sorted out their BBS access in the past.

A forum where someone has to have someone else to “sort out” their access - sounds fab!

Why did anything need “sorting out” if it’s the liberal place you claim it to be?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The thread starter stated away fans then it became palace fans by the end of the post . Better ?

We have Sunderland, Derby, Reading, Bournemouth, fans here as well (just off the top of my head. I think we have others as well). The Bournemouth ones were a bit of a pain when they denied having breached FFP, and then trying to justify it when it was proved they had.
The others generally contribute quite well.

We did have a Stockport fan who was well and truly dealt with when he wanted to kill us all with an axe, and a strange Oxford fan who did nothing but troll.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
A forum where someone has to have someone else to “sort out” their access - sounds fab!

Why did anything need “sorting out” if it’s the liberal place you claim it to be?

I’ve never said the BBS is “fab” or anything remotely like it on here. What I have done, in the past, is help out NSC members who have posted on here that they had been unfairly treated on the BBS. Why you’ve chosen to pick me up on helping out your fellow supporters is weird.

Maybe you should reread my post. I’m not suggesting it’s a “liberal place”, I’m merely attempting to point out that, contrary to the oft stated opinion on here, there are plenty of away fans posting on the main boards of the BBS.

For the record you gave me an infraction that would never have happened on the BBS, or indeed on here for many years, for what I posted.

Obviously NSC is now your toy and your rules apply, I’m a guest and therefore freely acknowledge that I should behave myself according to the rules, which i believe I do.

The same as visitors to the BBS.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That's an interesting insight into the life of a moderator, regarding the edititing of postsare the individuals concerned informed
Of their infraction

Posts are only altered for genuine reasons such as libel or dodging the swear filter. Yes, if you've earned an infraction you will be informed. The whole board will not though. Bans ARE confirmed in a moderating decisions post

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Blimey.

I just use the ignore option. It ain't difficult.

I can't be doing engaging with the enemy but I applaud those that do.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

To be honest, I have no interest in using anther club's forum, especially a Palace one so I don't get why you and the other Palace lot spend so much time on here. Especially when the insults and crap start flying around-in both directions.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
To be honest, I have no interest in using anther club's forum, especially a Palace one so I don't get why you and the other Palace lot spend so much time on here. Especially when the insults and crap start flying around-in both directions.

I lived in Sussex for many years amongst you lot and, did everything I could to support you when, back then, things were proper shit for your club, despite being a palace fan. I ended up meeting plenty of the old school NSC during this time and found them to be just like me, passionate for their chosen team. Before you question why I would have been so supportive of our hated rivals, it’s simple. Having a rival team to bitch about with your mates is, to me, part and parcel of football. If you lot had actually folded, I’d have been proper gutted.

Nowadays I live in Dorset and this forum is brilliant for keeping me up to date on the sort of Sussex stuff that I’m genuinely interested in. I’d be proper pissed off if I was restricted to Palace only threads, especially those that are sod all to do with football, but it’s bozza’s Kingdom so what will be, will be.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Posts are only altered for genuine reasons such as libel or dodging the swear filter. Yes, if you've earned an infraction you will be informed. The whole board will not though. Bans ARE confirmed in a moderating decisions post
I don't think every ban has been confirmed on the mods decisions part of the board. Some mods are more proactive and conscientious than others.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Palace aside, we don't seem to have as many away fans posting on here as we used to. Is that because we're not on the radar of the PL clubs? It's noticeable that the PL away fans who do post on here are ones that have done their time in the Championship (Burnley and Bournemouth spring to mind) - where are the Man U and City fans? The Liverpool and Everton supporters (I think there's one red but he posts infrequently)?

We still have mikey from Derby and a couple of others but I don't think NSC has so many.

So, I certainly don't agree with any idea of restricting away fans' activity.

Thats a really good point, in the championship we used to have a lot of rivals on here, but Palace aside they don't seem to bother with us in the prem

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We have Sunderland, Derby, Reading, Bournemouth, fans here as well (just off the top of my head. I think we have others as well). The Bournemouth ones were a bit of a pain when they denied having breached FFP, and then trying to justify it when it was proved they had.
The others generally contribute quite well.

We did have a Stockport fan who was well and truly dealt with when he wanted to kill us all with an axe, and a strange Oxford fan who did nothing but troll.

I forgot Bolton va va, the couple of Burnley fans and Southern Scouse.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
To be fair, most Palace posts on here are either bullshit or tedious trolling. Where did I say you have to be abused? If you stop trying to wind up people on every thread then perhaps you'll be treated better? Like I said: the mods on Palace forums won't let any away fans on there (apart from tucked away in the corner), you lot only get booted when you act like total tits.

You said if we spout bullshit we have two choices etc.
I said just because you believe it's bullshit does not make it so. Just because I do not agree with someone does not make their opinion bullshit. Anyway I will leave it there as we won't agree.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here