Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] What do you think the restrictions should be for away fans posting on NSC?

What do you think the restrictions should be for away fans posting on NSC?

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What do you think the restrictions should be for away fans posting on NSC?

Firstly, this is obviously not official. The mod team make the decisions, this is just a poll to gauge current feeling here.

Personally I’ve always been a fan of letting away fans post what they like and argue their point of view, as it’s good to see things from another perspective etc. But the decent alternate views of several away fans seems to get lost in the sea of trolling from some of the others, and IMO, that trolling doesn't really contribute anything to the forum, other than more disdain. It also seems to be the case that since we've been in the PL, the majority of Palace fans just don’t come here unless they’re doing better than us, as they try to avoid taking stick, being only capable of giving it.

So how strict do you think the rules should be for away fans? And although it includes all away fans, it is mostly Palace trolls that have led to the question.

There was a rule of Palace fans only being able to post in Palace related threads, but if that’s still the rule it doesn’t seem to work, because as soon as someone in a game of football dives, the whole thread becomes Palace related.

Vote away

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They should be allowed to engage, for sure. Some of our fans are way to precious about it.

If they do cross a line, and are really trolling, report the posts, and if the mod team agree, they infract or ban the miscreant.

Other than that, I'm not in favour of censoring opinions.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Let them have their say, if they start talking bollox, then ban them.
But it beats me, as to why so many Palarse fans post on NSC, they obviously find our(Bozzas) site more interesting than their own IMO,

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They should be allowed to engage, for sure.
I share this opinion.
If they do cross a line, and are really trolling, report the posts, and if the mod team agree, they infract or ban the miscreant.
There currently doesn't seem to be any rule to stop trolling (trolling isn't a clear line). Of course they can't be homophobic etc, but that applies to everyone. They can spout nonsense about our club and repeat it just to try and wind us up, and that appears to be fine at the moment.

Other than that, I'm not in favour of censoring opinions.
The problem for me is that a lot of it isn't really opinion, it's just piss taking. Come on here after we lose a game and take the piss, then bugger off. We win some while they lose some and it all goes quiet. That's not posting opinion, that's just being annoying.

I get the feeling that most here aren't quite happy with how things stand at the moment.

I'm currently on the fence between option 3 and 4.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Let them have their say, if they start talking bollox, then ban them.
So change the way it is at the moment then? Because right now they're free to post as much bollox as they like.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I say let them in, they usually add something to some threads, and it can become entertaining. Unless I've missed it, i've not really seen any of them being abusive for the sake of it, they defend their club as you'd expect.

[Edit: actually, I can recall a few times there's been some slanging matches going on]

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Some NSCers moan about them being trolls whilst trolling them.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Palace aside, we don't seem to have as many away fans posting on here as we used to. Is that because we're not on the radar of the PL clubs? It's noticeable that the PL away fans who do post on here are ones that have done their time in the Championship (Burnley and Bournemouth spring to mind) - where are the Man U and City fans? The Liverpool and Everton supporters (I think there's one red but he posts infrequently)?

We still have mikey from Derby and a couple of others but I don't think NSC has so many.

So, I certainly don't agree with any idea of restricting away fans' activity.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Some NSCers moan about them being trolls whilst trolling them.
Yes, but this is the, sorry, a Brighton forum. If you think the rules should be the same for home and away fans, that's fine. I think they should be stricter for away fans.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Can Brighton fans post on palace forums ? if they can then why would we ban them , if they can''t then yes stick them in a away fans section so if anybody does actually give a shit what they have to say then they can engage them there .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Palace aside, we don't seem to have as many away fans posting on here as we used to. Is that because we're not on the radar of the PL clubs? It's noticeable that the PL away fans who do post on here are ones that have done their time in the Championship (Burnley and Bournemouth spring to mind) - where are the Man U and City fans? The Liverpool and Everton supporters (I think there's one red but he posts infrequently)?

We still have mikey from Derby and a couple of others but I don't think NSC has so many.

Stopping the Palace fans from trolling wouldn't stop fans from other clubs posting. Those from other clubs are good examples of having fans here to provide an alternative opinion, without dull trolling. I wish they were all like that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can Brighton fans post on palace forums ?
No, not in the main forum. Actually, I think you may be able to if you never ever disagree with anything, and never mention any game you've won or they've lost.

if they can then why would we ban them , if they can''t then yes stick them in a away fans section so if anybody does actually give a shit what they have to say then they can engage them there .
I don't think we should follow what they do, their forum is crap.

I like having them post sensible opinions, but it seems the ones who post here the most are mostly trolling.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

All this.

Don't see why any away fans can't come on. It'll still only be a tiny percentage overall.

They can post on any thread too. As long as they respect the forum. Be interesting to read other perspectives.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Agreed. It is a bit odd.

I can think of regular and occasional posters, who support Sunderland, Derby, Burnley, Fulham, Southampton, Bournemouth, Charlton, Spurs and Reading, amongst others, but those are all part of the NSC furniture - posting generally rather than just about their club.

We've had 'season-specific' influxes from individual clubs - Saints in the League One promotion year, Newcastle last season, Burnley, Wednesday and Boro THAT year.

This year and last, there's been none, really.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I feel the same in that open debate should be allowed, but the one issue I have with these types of questions is where exactly is the line between a troll and a legitimate poster? Should that line be clearly drawn out or should a user be banned based on context? It’s quite difficult to tell whether a person is being serious or just taking the piss, some struggle to get the joke even when it’s painstakingly obvious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here