Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] What do you think the restrictions should be for away fans posting on NSC?

What do you think the restrictions should be for away fans posting on NSC?

• Total voters

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
The most unpleasant stuff I've seen exchanged on here has been between our fans. That gets reported and etc etc. So one rule for all, I say.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I quite like the fact we let them roam free and contribute. Fair bit of stick gets thrown around sometimes and we ban those that get out of line, or are just here to spew the boring Palace bile, two club Tarquins, clackers etc etc etc. It's a country mile from BBS where away fans are restricted to an 'away end' which is treated more like medieval stocks by some.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
As a Palace fan it's almost impossible to have a decent discussion on here nowadays. It just descends into a revolving argument with the same old people about the same old things. The dozen or so people who are most against us posting on NSC are the same dozen or so people who spend most of their time on NSC engaging with us. I try in the main to ignore certain people on here as I don't want to get into the revolving stupidness and also a few of them bore me to tears.
I would also love to know what trolling is as I think some of the people on here don't really know,
Someone calls me a c***, paedophile or whatever other lovely word they have learnt that day and I respond in a way they cannot really answer, then they accuse me of trolling. Disagree with them and I am trolling. Say something about Brighton and I am trolling. Or possibly my favourite is when you win an argument against one of them and they come out with "I used to think you were a decent Palace poster, but it's obvious you are a troll", or words to that effect. As a quick example the other day someone calls me a C*** for no reason, when I responded in a way he could not answer. He then accused me of being so insulting :lol:, they confuse me more than anything.
Then there are those who don't even bother trying to engage you and just tell you to f*** off, it's our board etc. I do agree that there are a few Palace posters who are annoying, even I skip over what they drivel on about, in much the same way I do with a few Brighton fans. There are actually some threads that I do not get involved in as I know as soon as I post in it, one of the dopey dozen will be along to start taking shots at me and if I respond then I am derailing/trolling the thread. Either way it will spoil a perfectly good thread for the normal Brighton fans.
I read and post on NSC as it is about football but also about things in general, it has become much harder lately though as the same people just make it tiresome at times.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A 24-48 hour timescale before anyone new is allowed to post would eliminate most trolling comments. Pretty sure there is already one.

If away fans are here, they should be prepared to deal with whatever they read. After all, this is a board primarily aimed at Albion fans.

Behave themselves and add value to NSC with intelligent, balanced comments? They'll be tolerated, listened to and maybe appreciated.

Act unreasonably and forget where they are? They'll get it back in spades from plenty of us.

It's always been that way here. And long may it continue.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No restrictions, it's part of what makes this site great as they can and often do contribute to all areas of discussion. Limiting or banning them would affect that and reduce the collective knowledge and advice that may be offered if someone is asking about an obscure subject matter
How would it reduce the advice if they were simply banned from being annoying dicks?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As a Palace fan it's almost impossible to have a decent discussion on here nowadays. It just descends into a revolving argument with the same old people about the same old things. The dozen or so people who are most against us posting on NSC are the same dozen or so people who spend most of their time on NSC engaging with us. I try in the main to ignore certain people on here as I don't want to get into the revolving stupidness and also a few of them bore me to tears.
I would also love to know what trolling is as I think some of the people on here don't really know,
Someone calls me a c***, paedophile or whatever other lovely word they have learnt that day and I respond in a way they cannot really answer, then they accuse me of trolling. Disagree with them and I am trolling. Say something about Brighton and I am trolling. Or possibly my favourite is when you win an argument against one of them and they come out with "I used to think you were a decent Palace poster, but it's obvious you are a troll", or words to that effect. As a quick example the other day someone calls me a C*** for no reason, when I responded in a way he could not answer. He then accused me of being so insulting :lol:, they confuse me more than anything.
Then there are those who don't even bother trying to engage you and just tell you to f*** off, it's our board etc. I do agree that there are a few Palace posters who are annoying, even I skip over what they drivel on about, in much the same way I do with a few Brighton fans. There are actually some threads that I do not get involved in as I know as soon as I post in it, one of the dopey dozen will be along to start taking shots at me and if I respond then I am derailing/trolling the thread. Either way it will spoil a perfectly good thread for the normal Brighton fans.
I read and post on NSC as it is about football but also about things in general, it has become much harder lately though as the same people just make it tiresome at times.

Would you admit that overall NSC is far fairer and more open to debates with away fans posting, such as yourself, than BBS and Holmesdale? Your adversaries on NSC, where it descends into a slanging match, are a small minority.

From what I've seen on BBS and Holmesdale, any Charlton or Brighton fan posting is just personally slagged off by all and sundry. A conversation is impossible.

You get a fair ride IMO.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As a Palace fan it's almost impossible to have a decent discussion on here nowadays. It just descends into a revolving argument with the same old people about the same old things.
So we're agreed that it's not working as things stand.

Someone calls me a c***
Outrageous.
I respond in a way they cannot really answer, then they accuse me of trolling.
Perhaps because of what you've written before the insults started.

As a quick example the other day someone calls me a C*** for no reason
I don't believe you. They would have had a reason.

There are actually some threads that I do not get involved in as I know as soon as I post in it, one of the dopey dozen will be along to start taking shots at me and if I respond then I am derailing/trolling the thread. Either way it will spoil a perfectly good thread for the normal Brighton fans.
We're agreed again.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If away fans are here, they should be prepared to deal with whatever they read. After all, this is a board primarily aimed at Albion fans.
Agreed.
Behave themselves and add value to NSC with intelligent, balanced comments? They'll be tolerated, listened to and maybe appreciated.
Agreed.
Act unreasonably and forget where they are? They'll get it back in spades from plenty of us.
The problem with that is that if they're just trolling/shit stirring, they won't care that they're getting it back. They've lobbed their bottle of piss over the wall and sat back laughing at the response. It gets tiresome.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If anyone would like to see the dictionary definition of irony then read Swills post above and then read the Always Ultras thread from around post #200.

Oh and I'm all for letting them post whatever they like as they only end up looking stupid. Anyone overstepping the line should be moderated as usual. Although I'd agree that the moderation is sometimes a bit lax, it's better that way than being too harsh.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Would you admit that overall NSC is far fairer and more open to debates with away fans posting, such as yourself, than BBS and Holmesdale? Your adversaries on NSC, where it descends into a slanging match, are a small minority.

From what I've seen on BBS and Holmesdale, any Charlton or Brighton fan posting is just personally slagged off by all and sundry. A conversation is impossible.

You get a fair ride IMO.

To be honest I have never even looked at the away end on the holmesdale, as I assume it is a lot like the BBS away end. I have looked on there perhaps five times and it is just the same old arguments, in fact I would consider it a great failure if I spent anymore time reading it. Yes NSC is fairer, I'm sure the mods get tons of reports about me but I would also wager they come from the same few people. The mods themselves are not above throwing out abuse either.
The ability for me to have a decent discussion on here has become a lot less now. No matter the discussion it will involve Parish, money, attendances, admin and on and on and on. My failing I suppose is biting back when I should just keep quiet.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Of course there are trolls who support Brighton, but they're not generally insulting the one thing that most of us here love.

I agree that trolling is unhelpful- whatever its source.

But that can be dealt with.

The trouble is, an opposing fan can make a reasonable comment that would be treated with respect if it came from one of us. Often it isn't. Even mild 'bantz' unleashes a salvo of abuse at times.

The friendlier and welcoming a forum is the more folk join and comment. It is a small number of people who want to reserve the right to act like knobs (Albion fans or otherwise).

I'd like to see more fans of other clubs on here. It won't dilute anything. They will still only be a very small percentage.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Most of them are bellends and derail threads.That is a fact They offer nothing in non Palace threads. They need restricting

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

The issue for me is that the majority of Palace fans resort to the same tired clichéd bullshit. You're guilty of that a lot of the time. Your fellow Palace fans need to understand that when they start spewing out the bullshit they will get a response. This is, after all, a Brighton forum and if Palace fans don't like the responses they get there are 2 options: 1) don't post the same tedious bullshit or 2) don't get hit by the door on your way out. There is no way the precious mods on your 2 forums would tolerate similar levels of bullshit and winding up (no administration pun intended) so why get precious when you all get told to eff off when you turn the bullshit up?

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

No restrictions : a troll is only a troll when someone responds. Its a shame when what looks like funny swipes at each other (Brighton/Palace) descend into vile name-calling, but that can happen on here on just about any topic! I like to hear what others have to say but like most others (I think) I get bored with the "my club is better than your club" rubbish that both sides roll out at every opportunity. If that happens I simply duck out.. The fact that Palace fans want to take part on the forum for reasons beyond simply trying to offend us is a compliment to the Forum.. "Our Forum is better than your Forum"....

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Let 'em in, from time to time they do post something where an alternative view is welcome and informative.

Just treat then the same as anyone else posting

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here