Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Gross' goal celebrations - or lack of

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think this might be worth keeping an eye on

This would appear to be as close to textbook as we're going to get.

Really excited - check
Caught up in the moment - check
Knee slide - Nice touch.
Approach the pile on - Stop.
Walk off in the other direction - Check

[tweet]1032341639942090753[/tweet]

I first noticed it v Arsenal, when Dunk ran straight at Pascal, and yet he still got out of the melee only to return and shake Lewis hand once it had all calmed down.

LEGEND.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He is an absolute legend.

However, he did look incredibly nervous before he took the penalty and then it wasn't exactly the most convincing penalty you'll ever see which worries me a little going forward. Who's the next cab on the rank? I can imagine Bissouma would be an excellent penalty taker.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

However, he did look incredibly nervous before he took the penalty and then it wasn't exactly the most convincing penalty you'll ever see which worries me a little going forward. Who's the next cab on the rank? I can imagine Bissouma would be an excellent penalty taker.

He needs to get on the pitch first.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I’m in the first row where the players normally run to as on Sunday for once the stewards seemed more relaxed and let the fans join in with the players celebrations Pascal & AK were loving it.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

I'm not suprised, My legs turned to Jelly just watching that Penalty, Might right leg was literally shaking with nervs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Let's wait till he actually misses one or two, before binning him off.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I think this might be worth keeping an eye on

This would appear to be as close to textbook as we're going to get.

Really excited - check
Caught up in the moment - check
Knee slide - Nice touch.
Approach the pile on - Stop.
Walk off in the other direction - Check

[tweet]1032341639942090753[/tweet]

I first noticed it v Arsenal, when Dunk ran straight at Pascal, and yet he still got out of the melee only to return and shake Lewis hand once it had all calmed down.

LEGEND.

Looks to me like it is about the kick-off rule (that may or may not exist anymore). It's clearly been in our players minds under Hughton as you can see by Norwood having a chat with the linesman in the opposition half after Murray's last minute winner against Birmingham. We also saw it happening all the time in the world cup as in the image below. Trippier has clearly been instructed to just hang about in the opposition half rather than celebrate with his own players off the pitch.
Trippier.png

I reckon Gross has been told to stay in the opposition half until all of our players are ready to kick off again, thus avoiding the (potential) rule, and he forgets and then remembers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I reckon Gross has been told to stay in the opposition half until all of our players are ready to kick off again, thus avoiding the (potential) rule, and he forgets and then remembers.
It's a great theory, but I believe you've picked the wrong player.

Ryan has been told to stay in the opposition half until all of our players are ready to kick off. :lol:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Looks to me like it is about the kick-off rule (that may or may not exist anymore). It's clearly been in our players minds under Hughton as you can see by Norwood having a chat with the linesman in the opposition half after Murray's last minute winner against Birmingham. We also saw it happening all the time in the world cup as in the image below. Trippier has clearly been instructed to just hang about in the opposition half rather than celebrate with his own players off the pitch.
View attachment 99990

Firslty, what 'potential' rule are you referring to? Also, one still of Trippier turning doesn't mean he instructed to wait in the oppo half. Looks more like in that photo that he is turning to celebrate with the bench.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
It's a great theory, but I believe you've picked the wrong player.

Ryan has been told to stay in the opposition half until all of our players are ready to kick off. :lol:

Well he ain't listening is he! (and long may that continue)

DlB1WC-XsAAD7-p.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here