Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sussex police breach FOI act...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I say it on all these threads, the OB aided by both clubs are ruining this fixture.

We got slated for not selling out the cup game, but it really isn't a surprise when they make getting to the game so difficult for everyone.

I really hope something happens about this, the fact that a top officer is prepared to tell such a blatant lie tells you all you need to know.

Last edited:

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
As for the Police fibbing...is anyone really shocked or surprised !!
Trouble is that the police statement to the press must have made it in the papers around the world which puts us and them up the road and British football in general in a bad light. I bet the police's attempt to apologise only made a few national papers here.

el punal

Hindsight? It's clearly stating the blinding obvious!

Not wishing to argue or sound difficult but what is the blinding obvious? It seems that the most successful (result wise as well!) was when we played Palace on St.Patrick’s Day Sunday back in 2013 with a midday kickoff. So, over to you on what you consider to be the most practical solution to staging this fixture.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Finally something that Brighton and Palace fans can agree on. The police being a bunch of *****. [emoji23]

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Finally something that Brighton and Palace fans can agree on. The police being a bunch of *****. [emoji23]

I agree, the Police have made themselves look really stupid here. But let's be honest there are a few hundred wannabes from either club who do need to be policed to prevent things turning nasty. Personally I don't miss the 1980s.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Not wishing to argue or sound difficult but what is the blinding obvious? It seems that the most successful (result wise as well!) was when we played Palace on St.Patrick’s Day Sunday back in 2013 with a midday kickoff. So, over to you on what you consider to be the most practical solution to staging this fixture.

The main point is keep them in after the game. The amount of times I've been locked in up there & then herded back to Norwood Junction, even if I didn't want to actually go there.
Same at other grounds too, like Pompey & Millwall for instance. Away fans get kept behind until the OB are ready.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What should happen is that Sussex OB get a clip round the ear & told to do their job properly.
Palace should be given more tickets; the maximum allowed. Therefore we should then get our maximum allocation up at that hole.
How this game gets treated like Rangers v Celtic by the authorities is beyond me. I have never seen so many OB as I did at the cup game last year.

Before the game; I don't really have an issue with giving them West Street. The pubs are shIte & not used by home fans, at least I don't believe so.
After the game, KEEP THEM IN THE GROUND until the crowds have gone & then herd them on to the train back to shItville.

It's how they treat us!

Sussex Police must be a bit of a laughing stock among other constabularies after this.

It's been ILLEGAL TO DO THIS for about ten years.

Hope that helps.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Keeping people in to prevent trouble or overcrowding can be the right thing but insisting that they get on a train to somewhere they don't want to go can't be right. Of course the Police deny ever doing this!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here