Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] First Marathon in the UK around a Premiership Football Club - THE AMEX !!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Clock wise or anti clock wise (up the ramp or down)?
I'd go around the back and wait for an hour or so.
Oh, and don't forget, there are no external toilets and if you enter the ground you cant leave.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Good idea, but you just know they will RUN out of Harveys........

Though would be great to have a race that finishes in the Amex, like Reading Half Marathon finishes in the Madeski

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just to help me not make a terrible mistake, I need to promise myself that I will never run a marathon.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
How does anyone keep track of which lap they are on if there are 52 of them? I struggle with park run on occasion and there are only 2 laps of Preston Park!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
How does anyone keep track of which lap they are on if there are 52 of them? I struggle with park run on occasion and there are only 2 laps of Preston Park!

Will almost certainly be chip-timed - small chip attached to your shoe, and you pass over a mat each time you go past that contains sensors that pick up the chip - each pass is then registered on timing software. Usually a bloke in van with laptop checking and shouting your lap number at you (if you want it - not much help 5 laps into a 60 lap race to be honest :D)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good idea, but you just know they will RUN out of Harveys........

Though would be great to have a race that finishes in the Amex, like Reading Half Marathon finishes in the Madeski

I've already plotted a trail route of 26 miles (approx) that starts and finishes at the Amex..........I might organise it informally one day (or get the Sussex Trail Events lot to do it). It's very....hilly.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I did the Golstone Marathon around the Northstand being chased by Spurs supporters. Broke my personal best.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
28th October 2018 Sussex Trail Events are staging the first marathon in the UK around a Premiership Football Club & it will be The Amex.

This will be for charity & all proceeds going to Albion in the Community.

There will be an epic unique medal & entries open next week.

Will be in excess of 52 laps in my estimation

sussextrailevents.com

.. I will definitely enter 🏃*♂️🏃*♂️🏃*♂️🏃*♂️🏃*♂️🏃*♂️😊🏃*♂️🏃*♂️🏃*♂️🏃*♂️🏃*♂️🏃*♂️

The Albion Marathon, 28th October
140 places, available from Friday
profits to AITC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here