Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mo Salah Appreciation Thread

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I appreciate Salah.

I’d appreciate him more if some Evertonian nicks his car wheels so he misses the game against us.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Racial abuse is uncalled for, so is hate crime abuse. havnt missed anything.
Islam is not a race

Islam is not a race, and race itself is a fluid concept, but because Islamphobic abuse can be aimed at those with particular appearances, there can be a clear overlap with racism. Islamaphobic abuse is not always racism, but it can be.

In the past, there were certain individuals or groups who wanted to create a class of humans known as homo islamicus, supposedly inferior to the Western man.

But the genetic basis behind race doesn't even exist, it's just a made up thing by humans (based on phenotypes and culture). So there are no distinct races, just the human race, yet racism exists.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He did dive a bit for the penalty though :O :bowdown: :D

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Islam is not a race, and race itself is a fluid concept, but because Islamphobic abuse can be aimed at those with particular appearances, there can be a clear overlap with racism. Islamaphobic abuse is not always racism, but it can be.

In the past, there were certain individuals or groups who wanted to create a class of humans known as homo islamicus, supposedly inferior to the Western man.

But the genetic basis behind race doesn't even exist, it's just a made up thing by humans (based on phenotypes and culture). So there are no distinct races, just the human race, yet racism exists.

Now you have only gone and done it. Bile will start raining down from the usual suspects. Good points though.

Salah is an amazing player who needs to play atrociously on Saturday.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Now you have only gone and done it. Bile will start raining down from the usual suspects. Good points though.

Salah is an amazing player who needs to play very atrociously on Saturday.

I'm waiting for them to point out that 'anti-Islam abuse' isn't Islamophobia either because a 'phobia' is supposedly a medical fear of something.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I think the point is, if Salah was an Italian Catholic he wouldn’t have been getting abuse for the present child abuse scandals involving Catholic priests, but, because he is Egyptian and of Arab ethnicity, he gets abuse for being a terrorist and suicide bomber, because of his race, not his religion.
Mane is also Moslem, I would have thought the knuckle draggers would abuse him more for the colour of his skin, than his religion,

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I think the point is, if Salah was an Italian Catholic he wouldn’t have been getting abuse for the present child abuse scandals involving Catholic priests, but, because he is Egyptian and of Arab ethnicity, he gets abuse for being a terrorist and suicide bomber, because of his race, not his religion.
Mane is also Moslem, I would have thought the knuckle draggers would abuse him more for the colour of his skin, than his religion,

Well yes, that's part of the consideration behind my post - stereotypes and abuse based on appearance can overlap with Islamophobia and therefore can be considered racism.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sakho was a clumsy oaf, grabbing, pulling and eventually tripping Salah. Stonewall pen. But then a shedload of them don't even think that Obi-Wan Moussaka challenge at the end was worthy of a red. The most idiotically myopic fans in the League by a street, they are literally blind to their own teams failings.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Sakho was a clumsy oaf, grabbing, pulling and eventually tripping Salah. Stonewall pen. But then a shedload of them don't even think that Obi-Wan Moussaka challenge at the end was worthy of a red. The most idiotically myopic fans in the League by a street, they are literally blind to their own teams failings.

Had Mane gone down under Van Aanholts clumsy challenge before the second goal, he would have had to go as well, but, they got lucky and Mane stayed on his feet and scored.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Had Mane gone down under Van Aanholts clumsy challenge before the second goal, he would have had to go as well, but, they got lucky and Mane stayed on his feet and scored.

That was fantastic by Mane, incredible balance and control to stay on his feet and score. Imagine if that had been the Gravity Whore - he'd have been flat on his ridiculous face and well into his sixth roll before you could say "Red Dwarf".

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
He did dive a bit for the penalty though :O :bowdown: :D

Not really. I thought it was more of a penalty than Man U’s against us the other day. But the whinging and moaning about it from Roy post match was quite astonishing. Our Chris would never have gone on like that, much too much class.

Oh, and I LOVE Mo.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Someone needs to start a favourite Liverpool player poll. If Milner doesn't win it I'm tearing the place apart.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I realise this is the Mo Salah Appreciation Thread, but it does seem like as good a place as any to write:-

Klipperty can do one.

The sooner he fecks off the happier I'd be.

(sorry for the hijack)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Good post. Not that you've pointed out anything that pastafarian and Bevendean Hillbilly didn't already know. He got the abuse because he's an arab-looking arab, and arab = terrorist, in the simple binary minds of racist thickos.

Its the same mindset as the disgusting Newcastle trolls, declaring that Tomer Hemed deserved 'the gas chamber' for his alleged stamp on Deandre Yedlin - completely missing the fact that their player they sought to defend, despite appearance, is also Jewish.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You can argue the semantics of racism all day, but, had he been a white, Anglo Saxon Moslem he wouldn’t have got the same kind of abuse. Let’s face it, most racists aren’t that bright, and he’s as likely to be a Catholic priest as he is a suicide bomber.

Totally agree. It's a bullshit semantics argument used when people don't like being called a racist. I'd bet half the people abusing Salah have no clue whether he's a muslim or not, they look at what he looks like and base it on that, and when called out hide behind the "Islam isn't a race" cop out bollocks.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Someone needs to start a favourite Liverpool player poll. If Milner doesn't win it I'm tearing the place apart.

So long as there is an option for none, as in “I can’t stand anyone who decides to play for that horrid club. “

Falling only just into third place of my most loathed clubs behind P****e and the Twats.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Earned me an absolute truckload of Fantasy Football Points last season against a guy who works in our Manchester office who "refuses to pick anyone who plays for a Scouse club" in his team.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here