Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Classic from Roy.

[tweet]1032971212056666112[/tweet]
Holy shit, I've just watched this. A body language expert would love it:
"Wilf Zaha does not dive for penalties [scratches nose], he gets knocked over sometimes"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Provoke the fans? :facepalm:

Every football fan (apart from Palarse) will tell you Tumble dives..they don’t need ‘provoking’...geez Woy ..plot lost bigtime
Also, isn't the entire remit of a mascot to provoke the fans?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes another multi page thread about Zaha and we're the ones that have had a nerve hit :lolol:
Zaha has a reputation as the biggest diver in the Premier League, Roy brings up the actions of the Watford mascot who copied Zaha two years ago, claims that Zaha doesn't dive, he just falls over a lot, and you don't want us to talk about it? :rolleyes:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Eyes are all wrong

D16E9812-7284-4BDD-B527-5E912B634A83.jpeg

Better?

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Zaha has a reputation as the biggest diver in the Premier League, Roy brings up the actions of the Watford mascot who copied Zaha two years ago, claims that Zaha doesn't dive, he just falls over a lot, and you don't want us to talk about it? :rolleyes:

This is the issue for me. I loathe diving in the modern game and have no problem admitting that that there have been and are players in our squad that will simulate. CMS, Knocky and Murray I've seen go down with little or no contact and it really ***** me off.
I'ts the constant denial from the jesters that Mr Tumble doesn't dive on a regular basis that makes them a laughing stock.
The whole football world knows it and they'd get some credibility if they just admitted it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Zaha at the centre of things at Watford. Fouled and opposition player booked, then booked for revenge type challenge. Commentators sticking up for him as he didn't connect with the man. Luckily the ref understands that little thing called intent.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Zaha at the centre of things at Watford. Fouled and opposition player booked, then booked for revenge type challenge. Commentators sticking up for him as he didn't connect with the man. Luckily the ref understands that little thing called intent.

Sounds like he’s as popular with Watford fans as he is with us.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sounds like he’s as popular with Watford fans as he is with us.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't seen it yet but on the radio it said he was targeted and 'raked'. If so that's disgraceful. Deliberately injuring players is not on, no matter how annoying they might be. If it turns out to have been hanbags then I'll stand corrected.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I haven't seen it yet but on the radio it said he was targeted and 'raked'. If so that's disgraceful. Deliberately injuring players is not on, no matter how annoying they might be. If it turns out to have been hanbags then I'll stand corrected.

He was raked and it was nasty . A sending off I’d say , ref did nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
He was raked and it was nasty . A sending off I’d say , ref did nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why? Did his reputation precede him, perhaps?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Souness just said on Sky that, in his opinion, Zaha is not a diver and should have more penalties

Souness also berated some of the "awful" tackles in that game. I can only assume it was a different Graeme Souness to this one.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That was in the era of deliberately targeting opponents. Every team had at least 2 exponents - Paul Clarke and Brian Horton, as well as dirty centre halves.

Strikers from every era up until the last fifteen years, speak of being raked, achilles targeted etc at the beginning of each match.

Pundits now are talking under modern laws and dictats from above in FIFA. Even if they were part of the old permitted thuggery.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here