Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's just talking up his wage at a small club, they'll pay him. 174% or something, gross income to wage bill? CP2010 will become CP2020 when they go down.

At the last (delayed) accounts, Palace were running at 80% of wages to turnover and pay the biggest salaries outside of the top 6. They throw MONSTROUS amounts of cash at their bang-average squad of players. Relegation for them would be an absolute catastrophe, they are now completely and totally reliant on TV money. They would without a doubt be the next Bolton if they went down.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No way will Sancho go to Man U. No Champions League for starters, and he'd be joining a sinking ship.

Anyway, Zaha clearly enjoys being a big fish in a small pond, constantly being brown-nosed by the goonsquad. He's literally going nowhere, he's simply not up to the challenge of proving himself at a proper club.

Any talk of him moving is just transparent claptrap from him/his agent purely so he can extract more cash from Disney.

In theory Man Utd should be back in a Champions League spot in a year's time, thanks to Chelsea's transfer embargo and the departure of Hazard to Real Madrid, plus Arsenal's lamentable squad. Utd are desperate and they will throw top dollar at Sancho, money usually talks.

SAC

May 21, 2014
If Man Utd acquire Sancho from Dortmund then Dortmund might be the best place for him.

If Spurs were going to pay big money for a useful wide man they might as well go for Bale. Arsenal need to spend a fortune on their defence while Chelsea have the embargo. Zaha should have gone last summer really.

Bale is on £600k a week and contracted until June 2022. He's not going anywhere! Zaha could go to Chelsea if they wiggle out of the embargo (which they will) but I can't see him going anywhere else in England.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
What about his claims of multiple accounts?
I've only ever had one account over there. Every new member that signs up and post must be a reincarnation of another account. It's the Palace logic.

I've asked the mods over there to check IP's to put it all to bed once and for all but I was never successful or they didn't want the truth coming out.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In theory Man Utd should be back in a Champions League spot in a year's time, thanks to Chelsea's transfer embargo and the departure of Hazard to Real Madrid, plus Arsenal's lamentable squad. Utd are desperate and they will throw top dollar at Sancho, money usually talks.

In theory perhaps. But the reality is that they have a mediocre squad and a mediocre manager who will struggle to attract star names. Solskjaer might be a legend at United, but his managerial track record of Molde and Cardiff hardly affords him the status of a coach that high profile players will want to sign for and play for. I can see them binning him off before Christmas tbh, when they're trundling along 10-12 points adrift of the pacesetters again.

If I was Sancho, I wouldn't touch United with a shitty stick right now.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
No way will Sancho go to Man U. No Champions League for starters, and he'd be joining a sinking ship.

Anyway, Zaha clearly enjoys being a big fish in a small pond, constantly being brown-nosed by the goonsquad. He's literally going nowhere, he's simply not up to the challenge of proving himself at a proper club.

Any talk of him moving is just transparent claptrap from him/his agent purely so he can extract more cash from Disney.

They can't pay him much more money. They don't have any (having just announced a £36m loss for 2018). What a shame.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They can't pay him much more money. They don't have any (having just announced a £36m loss for 2018). What a shame.

Zaha back to United is a non-starter anyway. They didn't even give him a CAR last time, the poor little whelp.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Zaha back to United is a non-starter anyway. They didn't even give him a CAR last time, the poor little whelp.

Oh I agree. Just pointing out that the Palace cash machine appears to be running dry.......

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
So long as they stay Prem they'll be fine, however if they got relegated...

£36m loss is not sustainable. It means someone is going to have to keep funding them despite all the PL cash. Prince Charming doesn't have that kind of money. How long do you think the yanks will be happy to keep piling in?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh I agree. Just pointing out that the Palace cash machine appears to be running dry.......

But....I thought they had this huge stash of RINGFENCED cash.

Whats happening with that new stand anyway, weren't they supposed to start building it last year ? All seems to have gone a bit quiet on that front. Or perhaps they've actually realised the mindboggling folly of splurging £100m on ONE stand, and leaving the rest of that hovel to rot. It's almost like paying for a brand new extension out back, when the rest of your house is an embarrassing leaky crumbling shambles.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
£36m loss is not sustainable. It means someone is going to have to keep funding them despite all the PL cash. Prince Charming doesn't have that kind of money. How long do you think the yanks will be happy to keep piling in?

Tell us about the previous seasons when we made a profit...

Didn't you lot lose £39m and £26m buying your way out the championship?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Never been an issue before. More than happy to spend money they don't have.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Yes I will. You made a loss but it was offset by player sales. This season is a true reflection of your clubs finances and you lost £36m.

Championship finances are irrelevant to the conversation as you well know. This is about receiving £120m of PL cash and STILL losing over £30m a season. It's a mess whichever way you look at it.

Oh yeah, and still no "ringfenced £100m" which never existed anyway and was just another of Disney's lies that you all swallowed. :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

We didn't "buy" our way out of the Championship, as well you know. Our record transfer fee was £4m for Shane Duffy, and the wagebill the year we went up was the 9th biggest in the division. We were far from being big spenders. If you're going to be competitive in the Championship, then making losses is inevitable because the TV money is a pittance.

Anyway, whats it to you. Being lectured on finances by a Palace fan is like taking childcare advice from Adam Johnson.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Oh and to prove the irrelevance of "previous seasons where we made a profit" look at the Balance Sheet. £30m less value than 2017 and you have creditors for borrowing against future PL income and ticket sales........

Any profits made earlier have long gone.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

TB funded that. Basically he lent himself the money which he then converts to shares ...... it would appear that your profits from previous seasons has gone so who is going to foot the new losses? It’s not your colonial friends as they want out .... I doubt that Prince Charming has he doesn’t appear to have that type of money.
Interesting times ahead or will you just stick your head in the sand as is normal for you lot up the road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bustersdad

Banned
Jan 31, 2012
I've only ever had one account over there. Every new member that signs up and post must be a reincarnation of another account. It's the Palace logic.

I've asked the mods over there to check IP's to put it all to bed once and for all but I was never successful or they didn't want the truth coming out.

Why does it matter to you, what you scared of. What about your accounts as colocolo12 ? Swoopinggull? and a few others FFS 130+ posts in a DAY? Obsessed much?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here