Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I agree . One of these tackles will do him some serious damage if the referees don't start producing reds . The premier league need players like wilf to showcase their product worldwide . Just imagine if that was on your unbalanced winger , he would roll out of the ground .

If you think Huddersfield v palace is showcasing the Premier League worldwide, you take delusion to a whole new level.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I agree . One of these tackles will do him some serious damage if the referees don't start producing reds . The premier league need players like wilf to showcase their product worldwide . Just imagine if that was on your unbalanced winger , he would roll out of the ground .

You are more confused than usual today, can I just remind you that it is Palace who have an unbalanced winger who rolls around wide eyed on the ground. He does it every week so no idea why you’d confuse him with an Albion winger.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You are more confused than usual today, can I just remind you that it is Palace who have an unbalanced winger who rolls around wide eyed on the ground. He does it every week so no idea why you’d confuse him with an Albion winger.

Hmmmm living where you do I think you have too many stones :lol:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Zaha is a good player buts he's no Anthony Knockaert, christ he isn't even as good as Will Buckley.

Knockaert is a very good attacking player, yet Zaha, admittedly, is excellent and I would love a player of his calibre if he was playing for us. However, Knockaert runs his bollocks off, a real team player and puts more tackles in in one game than Mr Tumble manages in a season. So choosing between the two isn't as easy as you palace gimps like to think it is.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Knockaert is a very good attacking player, yet Zaha, admittedly, is excellent and I would love a player of his calibre if he was playing for us. However, Knockaert runs his bollocks off, a real team player and puts more tackles in in one game than Mr Tumble manages in a season. So choosing between the two isn't as easy as you palace gimps like to think it is.

Haha puts in tackles, but only really as retaliation for perceived injustice

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I finally got around to watching the highlights of yesterday's premier league games. Was this really the right game for him to make these comments? Do it after the Watford game where a clear red card challenge only received a yellow and it would seem a fair point. It was a horror tackle and deserved to be more harshly punished than it was. But the Huddersfield player's challenge was not that bad. It was late, but a yellow card was right. So to come out after a bad, late tackle has been appropriately and proportionately punished makes it seem like he wants people to be punished more simply because it's him they have fouled, and that clearly can't stand.

The laws of the game are such that a challenge is a foul if it is careless, reckless, or uses excessive force with each of those terms defined in terms of how much care and attention you paid to your opponent's safety when making the challenge. If the laws are applied correctly, players who deliberately target Zaha and commit fouls will be punished appropriately. He, nor any player; top class, world class, or bottom of the class should be more protected by the ref than any other, and no player should receive a stronger penalty based on who it is the foul was committed against.

The problem for Zaha is his history and reputation. Some may argue that it shouldn't be factored in when judging challenges, but referees are human beings and will, often subconsciously, be influenced. If you have a reputation for going to ground easily (whether because you dive like a cheating cheater from Cheatersville, or because you run really really fast and the slightest touch knocks you off balance, causing you to roll and turn to the ref with arms open demanding action then sulking for 10mins because you didn't get a free kick after this innocent fall) it will cause refs to doubt the severity of any foul you're the victim off. We see it increasingly often with Murray constantly trying to win free kicks, and increasingly not being successful even when deserved.

That is the cost you pay. Going to ground that often, and that easily, can get you free kicks or penalties you don't deserve, can get opponents wrongly booked and/or sent off, while causing them to stand off of you during future attacks for fear you'll go down again and the ref will make a mistake again giving you more space to play - those are the benefits you gain, and you take them with glee. I'm sorry, but you also have to take the injustices; the genuine fouls not given, the deserved red cards not given to opponents, the bookings for diving when it's just momentum/an actual foul.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Hadn’t even noticed her on here during their three game losing run, now she’s back trolling :rolleyes:

One day the silly bint will go and watch Palace and stop the NSC obsession. Just short of 5k posts. What a sad prat.

As for Zaha, stop ****ing diving every game and refs may take you seriously.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015

Sorry but choosing between the two would be remarkably easy for 99% of managers and fans alike.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Wilf is clearly a terrific player, but my god does he moan... about everything.. you would think he is the only player in the world that gets fouled.

Just get on with it man, concentrate on your own game rather than trying to ref the one you are in

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Sorry but choosing between the two would be remarkably easy for 99% of managers and fans alike.

Of course that is right. Of course you know. You are Palace, so you know. If you say then that it is. It is a fact.

Is Trump the president of the US? Of course you know.

Is bacon sourced from squid? Of course you know.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
By and large, all the NigeIs on here tend to get arsey if we dare to suggest he's not as good as they make him out to be, but get equally stroppy if we suggest they are not a one-man team (despite all the evidence).

Can you NigeIs please tell us which it is? Is he world class or are you a one-man team?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
From a " Huddersfield are going down " perspective, I actually think zaha is one of the best English players around...if he was playing for anyone but palace, everyone would be crowing over him....shame he chose some African country to play for.

If you watch him in games, yes he is palace's best player and yes they are shitouse without him, but I think he is a lot better than some of these so called stars that are around in the prem. he would flourish in a Man City/ arsenal set up!

What is more concerning is what the hell has happened to bolaise? Brilliant player for them up north, goes for stupid money to Everton...disappears without trace.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
From a " Huddersfield are going down " perspective, I actually think zaha is one of the best English players around...if he was playing for anyone but palace, everyone would be crowing over him....shame he chose some African country to play for.

If you watch him in games, yes he is palace's best player and yes they are shitouse without him, but I think he is a lot better than some of these so called stars that are around in the prem. he would flourish in a Man City/ arsenal set up!

What is more concerning is what the hell has happened to bolaise? Brilliant player for them up north, goes for stupid money to Everton...disappears without trace.

Terrible injury ruined Bolasie, although he had even less end product than Zaha at the time

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

Like I said, choosing between the two isn't as easy as you palace gimps like to think it is.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here