Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Their 6th season in the Premier League, they've shelled out hundreds of millions of pounds in transfers, they have the biggest wagebill outside of the top 6, and they're still completely and utterly 100% reliant on 1 player.

Total shambles. What a way to run a football club.
But, but, they've got loads of players who they could sell for a fortune. Sakho is worth about £5m and Benteke at least ten quid.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm sure most Prem players either have an actual relegation clause or it's implied in the overall wage structure of each club. I'm sure top earners would be at risk at any relegated club.

I don't know if it's still the case, but several years ago I read an article that talked about the difficulty of getting players to sing contracts with relegation clauses in them - they want security and money. As a player you could play well in a team that isn't as good as you and get relegated and then either lose money through reduced wages, or are out of a job with the stink of relegation on you.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Is it true he’s out for at least a month?

Palace have Udders, Newcastle, and Bournemouth in that time, so they may scrape a win without him.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So why did Zaha sign a new contract?

Because they didn't receive any bids for him, so he might as well take more money if no one wants to buy him at the ludicrous price Palace puts on his head.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Palace have Udders, Newcastle, and Bournemouth in that time, so they may scrape a win without him.

I'd have thought they might've scraped a win against a ropey winless Southampton, but they were comfortably beaten in the end. Stains could even afford to miss a pen and coast home.

Their fans are tearing themselves apart over how long he's likely to be out for. Imagine being so reliant on one single player that it causes such outright panic when he's crocked. Just imagine that.

What a club.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

It's what I've heard. Hopefully a chronic niggly unexplained injury that has developed over the course of training/playing 6 days a week and takes months to fully diagnose and resolve.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's what I've heard. Hopefully a chronic niggly unexplained injury that has developed over the course of training/playing 6 days a week and takes months to fully diagnose and resolve.

Has he pulled his Andone muscle?

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

False movement of the ACL. Out for many weeks. Royston on the blower to Barca to see if Messi is free.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I don't know if it's still the case, but several years ago I read an article that talked about the difficulty of getting players to sing contracts with relegation clauses in them - they want security and money. As a player you could play well in a team that isn't as good as you and get relegated and then either lose money through reduced wages, or are out of a job with the stink of relegation on you.

I think that's why we see these contracts with clauses that enables relegated players to move on the cheap. Player agrees to a wage reduction if the club gets relegated but club agree the player can move for a reduced transfer fee. It's probably more prevalent abroad as PL clubs can rely on parachute payments for a couple of seasons to pay some of the inflated wages after a relegation.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I wouldn’t have thought it’s unexplained,carrying a club all on your own is bound to impact on your fitness after a while.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's one thing rebounding from a poor start to the season with fit and motivated Zaha, but it's another thing trying to do that after his head's been turned and he's suffered an injury. Losing Loftus-Cheek doesn't help either.

Palace are going to have to dig deep - it's time for some of the others to stand up and be counted.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It's one thing rebounding from a poor start to the season with fit and motivated Zaha, but it's another thing trying to do that after his head's been turned and he's suffered an injury. Losing Loftus-Cheek doesn't help either.

Palace are going to have to dig deep - it's time for some of the others to stand up and be counted.

The snag for them is though, they only count 2 in every hundred.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
20180907_212957.jpg

D

Deleted member 2719

Has there ever been a player winge as much as Zaha?

Just been on Radio 5 booing like a girl, about everyone is out to break his legs and all the refs don't care either. :cry::cry::cry::cry::wanker:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Just been on Radio 5 booing like a girl, about everyone is out to break his legs and all the refs don't care either. :cry::cry::cry::cry::wanker:
The problem for Zaha is that the whole world knows that palace are a one man team. Stop him and palace don't win, he's also prone to react so there is a chance he'll pick up a card too if you kick away at him.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

He’s got a point though . Refs need to start protecting him as he’s a world class player.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
The problem for Zaha is that the whole world knows that palace are a one man team. Stop him and palace don't win, he's also prone to react so there is a chance he'll pick up a card too if you kick away at him.

You don’t have much luck in stopping him do you :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here