Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Look it's football, Not Infrastructure wars, All that matters is what happens on the pitch. Lets see where we are come May.

Were you lot obsessed with these things when you were at the Withdean? Of course not, Its very odd.

What did Bournemouth fans call you lot?

No infrastructure means a likely precarious long term future. We were VERY worried about this at Gillingham and Withdean. I don’t think any intelligent Albion fan would deny that.

Do you really not see it’s something to be concerned about? How would a relegation affect Palace? Yes, you’ll probably avoid it this year, maybe next but when it does happen, and it will, will you survive? Seems a bit cavalier not to be just a tad concerned about it imo. Or then again maybe the just “live for today” is the only attitude your and the Pluckys can cling to.

Rivalry aside it would be a sad day if you folded but a plummet through the leagues would be most satisfying :smile:

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Shane Duffy

Appearances 20
Goals 4
Headed goals 2
Goals with right foot 1
Goals with left foot 1

:laugh:

I do like that stat.

Reflecting on the real achievements of Zaha though, the relevant questions are:

How many penalties has Duffy won?

How many penalties has Mr. Tumble won?

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
But we don't want to sell Knockaert ?.... if he was available I'm sure there would be plenty of interest. Where as ZAHA is whoring himself to any club who will listen.

Let's not forget Gravity FC

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
As said earlier it's the difference between an individual & a TEAM.

TBH I genuinely don't think they will ever get that.

Much the same as a signing is only 'brilliant' if they cost £20m+ and are paid £100k+ a week.

Whereas we like the club looking for value and signings that fit the TEAM ethos.

When we signed Balogun, a Palace on Twitter, tweeted how we had signed an unknown African C.B.on a free, and that we never learned, the club that keeps on giving,etc, etc.
This was before Palace only signed Diaby for any money in the summer.

When Balogun scored with his first touch against Palace on December 4th, I searched in vain for the tweet, just to ask what the tweeter thought of him now. It remains a source of regret i couldn't find it.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Were you lot obsessed with these things when you were at the Withdean? Of course not, Its very odd.
?

Obsessed doesn’t come close to it. It was all consuming. Without a ground of our own we were on borrowed time. No, we were very much obsessed.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Appearances 20
Goals 3
Goals per match 0.15
Headed goals 0
Goals with right foot 3
Goals with left foot 0
Penalties scored 0
Freekicks scored 0

Tackles 21 (1 per match... 1? really) :)

Team play :laugh:

I'm sure I've seen a photo of him 'tackling' Solly March somewhere.....

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
I have [MENTION=22870]CPFC G[/MENTION] on my ignore list, just like 99% of the Palace goons who infest NSC. But my sense of his stupidity can be picked up by people responding to him, with it would appear similar points explained different ways, just so that he might understand. Which leads me to think that he must be cataclysmically stupid.

And you know the saying:

Don't argue with a stupid person, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Every Palace F*cker that posts here

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I can't see Dibley in the shirt of another club this season. If he goes, it would be with a loan back. The one man team wankpuffins are 3 points above the relegation zone, but with a much better goal difference. What they might net from a sale would not get them a super striker anyway, so the safest option is to keep him. If the hun balked at the previous price tag, they would expect a discount now given his drop in form and tantrums.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Yes, we were very obsessed by infrastructure when we were at Withdean. Some of us went to public planning enquiries to try and make sure we actually got a stadium, wrote letters, sent flowers, demonstrated, and marched to party conferences at the Brighton centre.

Transfer dealings when you haven't got much money, and managers walking out because they've got no money to spend even when we'd just got promoted. Oh yes, we were obsessed ok.

:clap2:

That's put him back in his box....and nailed the lid down too.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Whilst it would be hilarious to see Palace lose their talismanic *World Class* player, I don't want him to go - I'm happy to see his misfiring, misbalancing, miserable ass filling one of their 11 starting places this season.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Whilst it would be hilarious to see Palace lose their talismanic *World Class* player, I don't want him to go - I'm happy to see his misfiring, misbalancing, miserable ass filling one of their 11 starting places this season.
It may be cruel, but i want him to go just to see the palace fans crying like their hero.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here