Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Was this the fella who managed 30 odd appearances in 3 seasons and was mostly famous for hitting the bar against Derby?

Fair play to you for having a stab though. :D

You can ignore the rest of his career if you like ….

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Zaha is a fantastic talent, no doubt whatsoever about that. I think you can argue that his end product doesn't match that talent.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/4539/Wilfried-Zaha/stats?co=1&se=-1

Pay particular attention to goals, assists and big chances created. It is surprising I think (well it was the first time I saw this, especially the latter category.) Do you want to disagree, CPFC G?

His finishing could improve for sure. Thanks for the stats though, I had forgotten he had scored a goal with his head.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
55 pages of jealously, Keep it coming :D

Name me an Albion winger past or present fit to clean Wilf's boots? ....

Jealousy :lolol:

Zaha USED to be a good player, I will be the first to admit that. However this season has proved he is a one trick pony. Guess what the trick is?

I would take the money, knock down the pathetic excuse for a stadium you call ‘home’ and start afresh.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Do behave, You beat us fair and square at the AMEX but it's a long season. Lets see where we both end up shall we...

Is there any transfer interest in Knocky? No..Because he is average at best. :thumbsup:

By which quantifiable measure are you currently ahead of us as a club?

Stadium?
Attendance?
First team squad?
Chairman?
Manager?
Performance on the pitch?
Transfer dealings?
Infrastructure of the club?
Long term prospects?

You're the inferior club in every way calculable.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Was this the fella who managed 30 odd appearances in 3 seasons and was mostly famous for hitting the bar against Derby?

I think most would say he was more famous for being one of the biggest talents of the 00s and on the Ballon D'or shortlist (it's a list of the Top 20 players in the World each year, no reason a Palace fan would know about it, admittedly).

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
But we don't want to sell Knockaert ?.... if he was available I'm sure there would be plenty of interest. Where as ZAHA is whoring himself to any club who will listen.

Please explain how Zaha is whoring himself to any club that will listen?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Please explain how Zaha is whoring himself to any club that will listen?
Please answer the questions below.

Stadium?
Attendance?
First team squad?
Chairman?
Manager?
Transfer dealings?
Long term prospects?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even Solly March has more assists this season, and Shane Duffy has more goals. I struggle with what exactly he does do, apart from earn penalties. Worth 50 million of anyone’s money, especially when a good wedge is rumoured to be going to Old Trafford in sell on clauses.

As said earlier it's the difference between an individual & a TEAM.

TBH I genuinely don't think they will ever get that.

Much the same as a signing is only 'brilliant' if they cost £20m+ and are paid £100k+ a week.

Whereas we like the club looking for value and signings that fit the TEAM ethos.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
There was a time when Zaha looked a class above Palace. Now I'm more convinced he suits the club perfectly. That's not a compliment.

Personally I think Townsend is probably a more attractive target for a lot of clubs. Always thought he was a good player and, with no offence meant to our Croydon chums, I'm slightly surprised he's at a club like Palace and not a bigger side.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011

Stadium?
Attendance?
First team squad?
Chairman?
Manager?
Transfer dealings?
Long term prospects?

Look it's football, Not Infrastructure wars, All that matters is what happens on the pitch. Lets see where we are come May.

Were you lot obsessed with these things when you were at the Withdean? Of course not, Its very odd.

What did Bournemouth fans call you lot?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

No the Vicente who played season after season in the champions League with valencia, won the league twice with them and won the UEFA cup for good measure. Yeah, I'd say he's better than zaha.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Look it's football, Not Infrastructure wars, All that matters is what happens on the pitch. Lets see where we are come May.

Were you lot obsessed with these things when you were at the Withdean? Of course not, Its very odd.

Yes, we were very obsessed by infrastructure when we were at Withdean. Some of us went to public planning enquiries to try and make sure we actually got a stadium, wrote letters, sent flowers, demonstrated, and marched to party conferences at the Brighton centre.

Transfer dealings when you haven't got much money, and managers walking out because they've got no money to spend even when we'd just got promoted. Oh yes, we were obsessed ok.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick

1, About 8 points ahead is my guess.
2, We battled long & hard to get out of Withdean, we did we won. Now we should shout from the roof tops.
3, Who cares.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think the Albion should sign Bentacky.

Having him taking over the mantel from Murray, now his time is done, would be truly hilarious.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Zaha is a fantastic talent, no doubt whatsoever about that. I think you can argue that his end product doesn't match that talent.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/4539/Wilfried-Zaha/stats?co=1&se=-1

Pay particular attention to goals, assists and big chances created. It is surprising I think (well it was the first time I saw this, especially the latter category.) Do you want to disagree, CPFC G?

Appearances 20
Goals 3
Goals per match 0.15
Headed goals 0
Goals with right foot 3
Goals with left foot 0
Penalties scored 0
Freekicks scored 0

Tackles 21 (1 per match... 1? really) :)

Team play :laugh:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

I think the point being made is that we've gone through homelessness, Gillingham and then Withdean and are now streets ahead of you in the 'Infrastructure Wars'.

Whereas you guys, in the same period, have:

Been promoted through playoffs.
Lost an FA Cup final.
Just about skirted relegation a few times.
Spunked untold millions on donkeys.

Can't speak for everyone on here but I'm much happier at this end of the M25.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here