Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal U23 v Brighton U23 Emirates Stadium tonight 7pm PL2

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Liverpool, Arsenal and then Spurs. Sounds like the U23s have had a tougher start to the season than the first team. Great couple of results too

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Liverpool, Arsenal and then Spurs. Sounds like the U23s have had a tougher start to the season than the first team. Great couple of results too

Have you seen the two sides, from last night? We lined up against Arsenal’s kids, with a side featuring Jahanbaksh, Kayal, Locadia and Steele!

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Anyone go last night?
Particularly interested to hear how Jahanbaksh and Locadia played.
Still a good result to get a draw away to Arsenal. From the club Twitter feed it sounded like Albion had the better chances through the game.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
And no Bissouma. I wonder if he's being lined up to play at the weekend - wouldn't surprise me at all

agree ,

perfect game to bring him in. The team on a high so anyone missing out wont take it personally. The pace and trickery of Bissouma with a point to prove could be a masterstroke.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Attachments

• CH.jpeg
    CH.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 421

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Aaron Connolly

Just 18 years old and scored 10 goals in 20 games for the U23. I'm loving watching the lad grow up.

Since he made his debut at U-23 level on January 16 2017, by scoring two goals against West Ham, he has scored 18 goals in 34 league and cup appearances (26 starts plus 8 sub appearances).

Even more impressively, if you just look at league fixtures, he has scored 13 goals in 21 appearances (16 starts plus 5 sub appearances).

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Since he made his debut at U-23 level on January 16 2017, by scoring two goals against West Ham, he has scored 18 goals in 34 league and cup appearances (26 starts plus 8 sub appearances).

Even more impressively, if you just look at league fixtures, he has scored 13 goals in 21 appearances (16 starts plus 5 sub appearances).

A scout I sat by last year at the Amex, felt he would just keep scoring at every level he plays at. Said he had watched him at every level so far. He seems to have that knack of finding space and as they say knowing where the goal is.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
A scout I sat by last year at the Amex, felt he would just keep scoring at every level he plays at. Said he had watched him at every level so far. He seems to have that knack of finding space and as they say knowing where the goal is.

Would love to see this photo being re-created ......... in a first-team match ..... this season .....?

AliJAaron.jpg

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Will he however make it to the 1st team. CH just doesn't like youth and inexperience

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I hope you're wrong, CH is conservative granted. If we really do have some pacey talent that's unknown to other Premiershyte teams, it should be used to our advantage. Vs Liverpool would give us a chance of a point! Michael Owen anyone?

Will he however make it to the 1st team. CH just doesn't like youth and inexperience

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I hope you're wrong, CH is conservative granted. If we really do have some pacey talent that's unknown to other Premiershyte teams, it should be used to our advantage. Vs Liverpool would give us a chance of a point! Michael Owen anyone?

Michael Owen came to the first team after a phenomenal youth level. We have no one near that sort of class yet. Impossible comparisons with our boys at the moment.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Michael Owen came to the first team after a phenomenal youth level. We have no one near that sort of class yet. Impossible comparisons with our boys at the moment.

Quite. A mate of mine was in school sides in Liverpool in the late 50s and came across a certain Ian Callaghan, who scored all ten goals in one game, and he wasn't even a forward. Let's face it, Liverpool is to Brighton, in football terms, what Brighton is to Croydon in, er, all terms. We are DOOMED......

:rolleyes::whistle::O

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Quite. A mate of mine was in school sides in Liverpool in the late 50s and came across a certain Ian Callaghan, who scored all ten goals in one game, and he wasn't even a forward.
So you're saying school teams in Liverpool can't defend for toffee.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here