Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pressing

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It seemed to me that the players were also stronger on the ball. In particular Gross. Looks like they have been doing some strength work in the gym.

Definitely - we were talking about this as well - Dunk, Gross, Knocky and March all look like they've bulked up a bit (in a good way)

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Klopp's influence in the Premier is already showing. His level of pressing is crazy, and it looks like we're aiming for a similar level. If we can put away the chances when we successfully press we'll go a long way. Whether we quite have the athletes to do that all season is another matter but that's where the bigger squad comes in I guess. And probably another reason why Bruno may not be seen as much . . . *sniff*

To be fair (which I generally prefer to avoid), Pochettino was trying to that at Stains five years ago. Lambert would press first at his lumbering pace, and when the defender passed, faster players such as Lallana were waiting to pick them off. It worked even better at Spurs because he had better players and Liverpool's front three, of course, are insane.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here