Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool away

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I'd play him. We're going to get battered. Might as well have some class about us.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I'm making a weekend of this fixture having spent my childhood in Liverpool.

I've already had plaudits for us spanking the Mancs today...but I don't fancy the same outcome at Anfield.

If I was Chris I'd see this fixture as 100% of ****k all and throw on all the big guns we bought in the summer.

Am I mad? No. We will do very well to come away with a 3-0 so what's to lose? Just give the new boys a go against the very very best.

Chris won't of course. He is a proper manager not a pissed up fan...but dear Christ, wouldn't it be rand to go down with all guns blazing?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8571894 said:
I see it more as a 2-3-3-2

................. Murray ... Locadia ...............

March .............. Gross ........... Andone

Izqueirdo ........ Knockaert .............. AJ

............. Bong ............. Montoya .........

.......................... Ryan .........................

Don't you mean 2-2-2-2 based on players that are not injured

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I really expect traveling supporter numbers to dwindle if we get the same fare as was dished out against Watford.
Who wants to see that shit again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m not going to have an opinion on team selection that I post on here. I expected the worst when I saw yesterdays. Sometimes it is great to be wrong :thumbsup:

Lesson learnt.....for the moment :wink:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'm making a weekend of this fixture having spent my childhood in Liverpool.

I've already had plaudits for us spanking the Mancs today...but I don't fancy the same outcome at Anfield.

If I was Chris I'd see this fixture as 100% of ****k all and throw on all the big guns we bought in the summer.

Am I mad? No. We will do very well to come away with a 3-0 so what's to lose? Just give the new boys a go against the very very best.
ya

[END QUOTE???]

i agree ...Montoya and Bernardo wing/full backs , rest Dunk as his record against the bin dippers is pretty ordinary to downright shocking so Bernardo and Duffy at cb's

Bissouma , Kayal,Propper , March the latter debatable as he will be high on confidence atm but a twonking at Anfeild could ruin him again maybe AJ for March.

Locadia and Goss or Murray up front...............i know i had a sneaky feeling we could do Utd at ours but Liverpool away will be about as tough as it gets this season , if we come away with anything it will be massive .

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I'd play him. We're going to get battered. Might as well have some class about us.

Play him but don't let him take pens, please. That was awful, not really sure how it went in, De Gea should have stopped it. If we'd have not scored that, I reckon we'd have been stuffed in the second half. However - it did go in, we weren't stuffed, and we walk away with 3 points. Lovely.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not sure any of the players deserve to be dropped. That said, they all deserved to be dropped after Watford so God knows what team SCH is going to play.

Personally, as a fan, I'd love to see Bissouma and Ali J get a run out at Anfield, but I'm not sure how he'd make room for them. Let's face it, these are the games they ALL want to play in.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
It will be virtually impossible to keep the scousers out. The away team and approach does need a considerable tweak. It is a game where we will (much more so than United) expect to get nothing. Blood the new boys up front and in midfield. Wrap Glenn up for home comforts.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We will not have much possession against Liverpool. 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 could be best to try and hold them and hope for a set piece. I think pace will be key in attack to help relieve pressure and try and win some set pieces

Ryan
Montoya, Duffy, Balogun, Bong
Knockaert, Stephens,Bissouma Propper, March
Locadia/Ali

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
We will not have much possession against Liverpool. 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 could be best to try and hold them and hope for a set piece. I think pace will be key in attack to help relieve pressure and try and win some set pieces

Ryan
Montoya, Duffy, Balogun, Bong
Knockaert, Stephens,Bissouma Propper, March
Locadia/Ali[/QUOTE

]sort of what i was thinking .... stephens and muzz do a lot of work so makes sense to rest them in this game to me....start kayal for stephens...???

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'd start the way we finished yesterday, Gross played very deep and supported Stephens/Propper superbly in the second half. . . . . but we need pace on the bench/up front, the only way we will get anything is on the break, and we're way too slow at that with Murray.

It's inevitable we will conceed, Liverpool are just way too bloody good on the attack . . . it would be nice to spring a few surprises going forward, the only possible way we can do that is with pacey players. so If we're 2 down at half time, swap either SM or AK for AJ . . . . and possibly a striker swap as well, bring on something different and maybe get something back.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I'd rest Gross, we'll need more pace in that position next Sat.

I agree, I don't think he was 100% today and even his penalty had an air of tiredness about it. Don't get me wrong I think he's fantastic but we've got a good squad now to accomodate giving a player a rest...

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Agreed. Bissouma for Gross. Pascal seems very effective at home but not so much away. At times we need a pacey outlet too so Yves in for this one would be great to see.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here