Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Colostomy bag warm tea garentee you will not be denied entry after the pat down, once inside ground unraveling the tube and suck out the contents "job done"!

D

Deleted member 2719

I had a hip flask full of Remy at Wembley once bar stewards made me empty it.:angry:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Are the silver bags full of wine from a wine box allowed ? ???

zero health and safety implications except to the liver.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thats the thing, they wanted me to remove the lid and keep the lidless full bottle, made no sense at all.
Try luzzing a full plastic water bottle without a lid... It won't go far.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I don't think it acceptable that the elderly will be forced to leave their seats at half time, queue for an eternity for a shite hot drink and likely miss some of the second half. I am hoping that these stewards have been misinformed by their supervisors and that the rules only apply per the email from the club. If not, then TB and Barber have got this one very wrong. If they think that people are going to spend a fortune on a thermos flask and lob it on the pitch I think they are very much mistaken.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I don't think it acceptable that the elderly will be forced to leave their seats at half time, queue for an eternity for a shite hot drink and likely miss some of the second half. I am hoping that these stewards have been misinformed by their supervisors and that the rules only apply per the email from the club. If not, then TB and Barber have got this one very wrong. If they think that people are going to spend a fortune on a thermos flask and lob it on the pitch I think they are very much mistaken.

Good point, the cost alone would be a deterrent. Surely cheaper missiles could be used? And anyway, what about those nasty footballs? Someone could really get hurt if one of those hit a spectator.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Keep ya hair on Grandad...we were talking about flasks in the rest of the ground not food in the 1901 areas

Obviously the stewards were badly briefed as it appears that different ones said different. The one at the turnstile I go in said most definitely no hot food will be permitted which would probably be carried in a flask and if I disagreed to complain to Paul Barber. She said the flask with hot food in wouldnt be permitted.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Obviously the stewards were badly briefed as it appears that different ones said different. The one at the turnstile I go in said most definitely no hot food will be permitted which would probably be carried in a flask and if I disagreed to complain to Paul Barber. She said the flask with hot food in wouldnt be permitted.

Yes it does seem as though people are getting told different stories

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I took a bag of flapjacks into the North stand, yesterday left over from my birthday party on Saturday night. No problems at all. They were delicious at half time.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

I emailed Paul Barber this morning and he confirmed that flasks aren’t allowed from Fulham onwards. (I like bringing a flask of hot chocolate from time to time - well I’m getting on a bit. So was interested to know. Oh well)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I emailed Paul Barber this morning and he confirmed that flasks aren’t allowed from Fulham onwards. (I like bringing a flask of hot chocolate from time to time - well I’m getting on a bit. So was interested to know. Oh well)

And did he give a reason? And is it specifically flasks? What if one took in a plastic container with a hot beverage?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

The club is getting greedy. I very much doubt this will increase sales of tea, coffee or bovril. Barber out.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The last thing anyone wants is further clogging up of the half time beer queues.

We'll have to start queueing on the 35 minute mark !

:drink:

Pickles

May 5, 2014
The last thing anyone wants is further clogging up of the half time beer queues.

We'll have to start queueing on the 35 minute mark !

:drink:

If they could serve the current queues, they could have an argument, maybe.

But this will only add to people not getting served, for the sake of what, £500 potential extra?

What next, charging to use the bogs?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

But this will only add to people not getting served, for the sake of what, £500 potential extra?

Don't give them ideas.

I can understand it, if there has been a problem with alcohol, but ban the person who has alcohol, not flasks. It's like keeping the whole school in detention, for one person's misdeamour.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The club is getting greedy. I very much doubt this will increase sales of tea, coffee or bovril. Barber out.

Looks like greed to me too.

Perhaps we should have a poll tough. Which line will the club trot out?
a). 'Improving the matchday experience', or
b). elfin safety?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here