Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I don't think that has changed. We've always been able to take a plastic bottle of water in, complete with lid. At least I have.

'While we currently permit water in uncapped bottles of 500ml or less to be brought in to the stadium, we are also investigating the possibility of free water being made available via self-service fountains in the concourses. Our policy on allowing uncapped bottles (of any size) in to the stadium will be reviewed at this time.'

First I was peeved about the flasks. Now I have acceptance of that even though I don't agree with the reasons. But this is simply ludicrous if enforced. All I was going to take in was a bottle of water and they want the lid. :ffsparr:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Said on the list that 500ml bottles WITHOUT tops allowed to be brought in, absolutely ridiculous

The problem is that the club think disabled people are just in wheelchairs. I carry a medical card with me, and I have to have water with me at all times.

We've had a battle getting the Tloop fixed in the central kiosk in the north stand for deaf people. The workers have had the microphone pointing at customers and look at you gone out, if you say the microphone should face the server. It did get better for a while, but now it's not working at all now.
Deaf and hard of hearing people are also counted as disabled people.

The club make a big thing of being inclusive with their mural on the club shop window, but ignore the needs of disabled fans.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Pretty hacked off I can't bring my full foil wine box bag in :nono:

That's fecking outrageous to be honest.

I assume when they say cartons they also mean the little fruit drinks that you'd take for kids? If so I can fully understand that it's absolutely not driven by financial reasons.

I presume PB's bonuses are based on the bottom line or as a percentage of savings?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The problem is that the club think disabled people are just in wheelchairs. I carry a medical card with me, and I have to have water with me at all times.

You can have water, you just can't have a bottle top

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You can have water, you just can't have a bottle top

I need water when I'm travelling to and from the stadium, therefore it needs to be transportable and not spillable.
I don't even mind buying a bottle when I get there, but then I've got to get home again.

It's getting so that I won't bother renewing next March. I'm not being over dramatic, but I can't cope with all the extra hassle any more.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
So will I still be able to bring my test tubes, Bunsen burner, tongs, beakers and Liebig condenser in?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I need water when I'm travelling to and from the stadium, therefore it needs to be transportable and not spillable.
I don't even mind buying a bottle when I get there, but then I've got to get home again.

It's getting so that I won't bother renewing next March. I'm not being over dramatic, but I can't cope with all the extra hassle any more.

That post makes me pretty sad. There is just about a slither of a reason why the club may ban flasks. But taking the bottle top is completely unjustifiable. I simply cannot understand any rationale behind this.

Brian Munich

teH lulZ
Jul 7, 2008

:O

Barber, your job is done.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The club have said several times that anyone with medical needs can contact them about ways to overcome issues with these new rules.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OK, so the bottle lid removal requirement saves us all from injury and/or death in 2 ways:

1. A bottle that has been luzzed is likely to cause less damage if the liquid is spilling out.
2. A bottle that is on the floor without a lid will simply crush if someone steps on it, whereas if it has a lid on, then someone who treads on it could have a woopsy.

However, surely all this extra liquid lying around on the floor from all those luzzed and crushed lidless bottles could easily become a SLIPPING hazard. Honestly, I have absolutely no idea how we all manage to survive the numerous health and safety DEATH TRAPS that are being set up for us on the other side of those turnstiles.

Mind how you go folks.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That post makes me pretty sad. There is just about a slither of a reason why the club may ban flasks. But taking the bottle top is completely unjustifiable. I simply cannot understand any rationale behind this.

I was even allowed to keep my bottle of water at Wembley when we played Spurs last season. I just showed my card to the stewards, although one wanted to confiscate the bottle, and pour my water into a plastic glass. I asked him how I was going to cope on the coach on the way home, and the second steward spoke up for me.

rool

Jul 10, 2003

To be replaced by someone on the waiting list that may spend more in the concourses. Exactly the outcome they are probably looking for*

*Until such a time when the crowds start reducing and then they'll start the charm offensive to win old fans back again.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
To be replaced by someone on the waiting list that may spend more in the concourses. Exactly the outcome they are probably looking for*

*Until such a time when the crowds start reducing and then they'll start the charm offensive to win old fans back again.

True, although carrying water doesn't preclude me from having a Bovril before the game in winter, and often a cider after the game.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I may be completely wrong here and, to be honest, I've not read the thread, but I'm assuming the bottle lid banning is to stop them being LOBBED as full bottle MISSILES.

An empty/emptying bottle is far less dangerous then a full sealed bottle.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I may be completely wrong here and, to be honest, I've not read the thread, but I'm assuming the bottle lid banning is to stop them being LOBBED as full bottle MISSILES.

Unless its full of ACID

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Yes of course that is a safety hazard. But when, except for isolated incidents, has this ever happened? Maybe once at the amex. Ban the perpetrator. Don't take swingeing action where it's not needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here