Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Finally, went for a half time coffee as soon as the whistle blew as I had no flask, but after 10 minutes gave up as I knew I would miss the start of the second half. So Kipling cakes, but no coffee.
!

You probably would have missed 10 minutes of the second half if you were queuing at the middle kiosk in the WSL.
I sit in WSU but went to the WSL for a drink after the match, I got to the middle kiosk at least 15 minutes after the final whistle, the service at that kiosk was painfully slow on Saturday.
Took at least 15 minutes to get to the front of a small queue, the staff walk around like headless chickens, and that's after the match when it wasn't that busy. ???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As requested, I obediantly left my flask at home.
Full patdown for West Lower. Allowed to take in Kipling cakes for half time, but told to remove albion cap until I was the other side of the turnstiles. That's new, I politely comented, and was told in no uncertain terms that it was the same as last season! Well nobody ever enforced it with me.
Anyhoo, back to flaskgate. Bought a water with the top on at the kiosk in the stand. What's the difference between me buying it at the local supermarket with a top or at the kiosk apart from the cost? I genuinely don't get it.
Finally, went for a half time coffee as soon as the whistle blew as I had no flask, but after 10 minutes gave up as I knew I would miss the start of the second half. So Kipling cakes, but no coffee.
Barber out!

I brought some slices of spinach bread. Upon them being discovered on my person, the security guy paused, and told me I could take them in but could not eat them in the ground.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Good news Bad news Good news according to the bloke next to me saturday.

Good news
A suicide flask bomb wont be going off in the seats now

Bad news
Suicide flask bomb danger has been moved from the seats to the turnstiles.

Good news
Suicide flask bomber most likely to have a last minute seat in the south west, so will use the south west turnstile and detonate there, completely the other end where we queue to get in……so we are all right jack.

I have to admire that someone thought through this process in such detail.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Full patdown for West Lower. Allowed to take in Kipling cakes for half time, but told to remove albion cap until I was the other side of the turnstiles. That's new, I politely comented, and was told in no uncertain terms that it was the same as last season! Well nobody ever enforced it with me.
Anyhoo, back to flaskgate. Bought a water with the top on at the kiosk in the stand. What's the difference between me buying it at the local supermarket with a top or at the kiosk apart from the cost? I genuinely don't get it.
Barber out!

Re the water, the club know the source of the bottles in the kiosks. What you turn up with could be any clear liquid...........same as being able to buy bottled water after security screening at the airport to take on the plane but not being able to take your own (or any other liquid over 100ml) through from landside.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
See Barber back to his best school master approach in the programme notes

Quite. He also stated bags are next on his agenda. Tread carefully Barber; manbag/leather tote-gate will get messy.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I brought some slices of spinach bread. Upon them being discovered on my person, the security guy paused, and told me I could take them in but could not eat them in the ground.

No problem taking food into the North Stand and eating it.
Are you in an inferior section?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No problem taking food into the North Stand and eating it.
Are you in an inferior section?

Inferior to the north stand, where exactly would that be?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Inferior to the north stand, where exactly would that be?

I dont know where you are, thats why i asked you
If the north stand can take food in and eat it we are superior to wherever you cant eat the food you have taken in.
We have more rights than you......we are superior.......you are inferior.................any German worth his salt would understand the concept of superiority

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I dont know where you are, thats why i asked you
If the north stand can take food in and eat it we are superior to wherever you cant eat the food you have taken in.
We have more rights than you......we are superior.......you are inferior.................any German worth his salt would understand the concept of superiority

Put it this way, I literally look down on you :smile:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Bought a water with the top on at the kiosk in the stand. What's the difference between me buying it at the local supermarket with a top or at the kiosk apart from the cost? I genuinely don't get it.

So you don't get that a bottle of water purchased from a local supermarket could be emptied and filled with Vodka ???

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
You probably would have missed 10 minutes of the second half if you were queuing at the middle kiosk in the WSL.
I sit in WSU but went to the WSL for a drink after the match, I got to the middle kiosk at least 15 minutes after the final whistle, the service at that kiosk was painfully slow on Saturday.
Took at least 15 minutes to get to the front of a small queue, the staff walk around like headless chickens, and that's after the match when it wasn't that busy. ???

That was indeed my queue!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Barber out!

I put the bottle top in another place, put cling film over the bottle to get through the turnstile, where the steward told me the tops weren't being confiscated and I didn't need to use cling film.
The left hands just don't know what the right hands are doing.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Bobble hats will be next
regards
DR

I think that's a great idea, as you could wear a bobble hat to the ground and then have to hand it in. Once inside you can buy another a wear it home. Now this is where the club's saving you money, you can wear the one purchased at the last game to the next game without having to buy a new one online to wear to the ground.

#BARBERIN #SAVINGYOUMONEY

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
NOW I know why I didn't get my snuggly letter and a £50 voucher, Barbs knew I'd buy a flask with some of it.

Still on sale mind.

20160927-115513-6180_540x540_w.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here