Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Haversack with two water bottles including tops, two rounds of chicken and tomato sandwiches, two packets of crisps, some penguin bars and a packet of digestive creams.
No problem. - was just asked if I had a flask?

Which I didn’t have - hot cold or tepid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
Why not buy one of those back pack things runners use that carry water, then fill it with booze and take it into the ground and enjoy. Dont think thye have been banned yet

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Was rold today that in future bottles will not be allowed with tops on , sounds like a cling film job.

Is that the one who lets your son out for a smoke? Zzzzzzzz

No mention of bottle tops by about five stewards I chatted to at my entrance...just the size of the bottle ..which was fine but they said no larger

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
I managed to get a 750ml water bottle in, with the cap still on too! I was expecting to have it confiscated; I wasn’t trying to smuggle it in, I just had it with me for the train journey down and didn’t bother to throw it away before I got to the ground. Anyway, the steward checked my bag, saw the bottle and was about to confiscate it, but then commented that I had less than 500ml of water in it, so it was ok to bring in.

Don’t they realise I could’ve filled it up from the taps in the toilets and turned it into a lethal weapon??!!

Is anyone getting a petition together to send to Barber. This is the most gratuitously small minded bit of crap they’ve tried to pull. Random checks would sort the alcohol smugglers. This is just about getting people to spend a few extra quid on tea and coffee and pop. Well sod that - that’s me done buying anything beyond a programme at the stadium from now on til they see sense

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Ok so I can not bring a bottle of water into the Amex with a lid, but I can buy a bottle of water in the Amex at a kiosk with a lid.
So banning bringing a plastic bottle into the Amex with a lid on has got NOTHING to do with luzzing a plastic bottle as mentioned on this thread. ???

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ok so I can not bring a bottle of water into the Amex with a lid, but I can buy a bottle of water in the Amex at a kiosk with a lid.
So banning bringing a plastic bottle into the Amex with a lid on has got NOTHING to do with luzzing a plastic bottle as mentioned on this thread. ???

Who said no cap?..No steward said that to me today

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's on a list of stuff not allowed into the stadium, on official BHAFC site.
Also mentioned on this thread, not sure which post

it was not enforced today so i am hopeful that this kindness and common sense continues as it's pretty difficult carrying 4 uncapped bottles around.

Last edited:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
it was not enforced today so i am hopeful that this kindness and common sense continues as it's pretty difficult being carrying 4 uncapped bottles around.

As mentioned elsewhere, just remove the caps before going in the stadium, stash them and then replace once through security.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is anyone getting a petition together to send to Barber. This is the most gratuitously small minded bit of crap they’ve tried to pull. Random checks would sort the alcohol smugglers. This is just about getting people to spend a few extra quid on tea and coffee and pop. Well sod that - that’s me done buying anything beyond a programme at the stadium from now on til they see sense

There is a petition....link to it a few times earlier in this thread. After 2 weeks it had about 138 signatures.

They’ve reduced drinks prices by the way, so it’s not about revenue.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
it was not enforced today so i am hopeful that this kindness and common sense continues as it's pretty difficult being carrying 4 uncapped bottles around.

Agree with carrying uncapped bottles around, I usually bring a bottle of water to the Amex ( didn't bother today ) I'm sure I would spill most of it climbing the WSU steps if the bottle didn't have a lid :D

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here