Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Interesting scenario entering NS on Friday. Bit late; train cockups again so quite a queue.

Unzipped my rucksack to be helpful as always. Got to the head of the queue and a steward just shouted "in, in" at me (and others) without a search or checking my rucksack.

Forget the knife, alcohol, "device"...I could have had a flask in there FFS. Just makes a total nonsense of the latest bout of lunancy!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Interesting scenario entering NS on Friday. Bit late; train cockups again so quite a queue.

Unzipped my rucksack to be helpful as always. Got to the head of the queue and a steward just shouted "in, in" at me (and others) without a search or checking my rucksack.

Forget the knife, alcohol, "device"...I could have had a flask in there FFS. Just makes a total nonsense of the latest bout of lunancy!

Maybe they are using social profiling? Are you a white, middle aged man by any chance?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Got turned away with my son's water bottle on Friday because "it counts as a flask". Ok, mate.

Ours was a v old one, but wonder if punters are now warned they can't take them into the ground if they buy in club shop?

In other news, Capri-sun does not count as a soft drink in the deals. Tsk!

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Bloke in front of me in ESU ( quite an old guy) had to pour his bottle of water into a plastic pint glass because 500ml bottles are not allowed........Its all crazy i tell ye.......

Still had my hot coffee at HT from my flask at Swindon saturday and needed it.......bloody cold it was.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Bloke in front of me in ESU ( quite an old guy) had to pour his bottle of water into a plastic pint glass because 500ml bottles are not allowed........Its all crazy i tell ye.......

Still had my hot coffee at HT from my flask at Swindon saturday and needed it.......bloody cold it was.

Are you sure you got the size right? We have taken 500ml bottles in no problem and I see them all around me. It's a standard small bottle. The list of prohibited items states something like 'large bottles' won't be allowed. 500ml is NOT a large bottle! It is also a size they sell at the kiosks.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Apologies for for being wrong I was sure idle social media threats were made towards the club due to Ali not waltzing straight into the starting XI.

I must have got the wrong end of the wrong stick.

Again sorry for being wrong.

Lol.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Are you sure you got the size right? We have taken 500ml bottles in no problem and I see them all around me. It's a standard small bottle. The list of prohibited items states something like 'large bottles' won't be allowed. 500ml is NOT a large bottle! It is also a size they sell at the kiosks.

Im sure thats what the steward said...

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire

Anything larger than 500 ml not allowed. The steward got it wrong by the looks of it. I walked up Friday with a 500ml bottle of water i had bought, no cap on. Steward just said to me i bet the caps in your pocket eh. Let me in no problem with bottle

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Anything larger than 500 ml not allowed. The steward got it wrong by the looks of it. I walked up Friday with a 500ml bottle of water i had bought, no cap on. Steward just said to me i bet the caps in your pocket eh. Let me in no problem with bottle

Yes, you're allowed a 500ml bottle, if topless.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/siteassets/201819-images/pdfs/amex-permissions.pdf

handsome-topless-man-drinking-water-feeling-thirsty-portrait-young-holding-bottle-against-isolat.jpg

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Talking of water, I went to buy a bottle of water in WSL. Chap behind counter said that bottles were not allowed anymore, and went and poured some water from a tap into a plastic pint container. Did anyone else get this?

Not too bother about but I'm sure I still had to pay for the water, despite it being from a tap.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I saw several people around me with bottles capped. I assumed they had bought them inside from the catering,

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Talking of water, I went to buy a bottle of water in WSL. Chap behind counter said that bottles were not allowed anymore, and went and poured some water from a tap into a plastic pint container. Did anyone else get this?

Not too bother about but I'm sure I still had to pay for the water, despite it being from a tap.

He, like many stewards etc, is wrong.

I saw several people around me with bottles capped. I assumed they had bought them inside from the catering,

We have been allowed bottle tops each game this year.

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We are supposed to be cutting down on plastic!, wooden forks have been replaced with.... erm plastic forks FFS! Guy close to us, got his flask in on Friday with no problems.

So his was the lucky flask!

As I was leaving the game on Friday I saw an empty 1.5l diet coke bottle laying on the ground. With a lid. MI5 will be disappointed we're not following their strict instructions that aren't passed on to most other clubs in the premier league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here