Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Did I hear that we are considering the banning of all waterproof clothing being taken into the ground? However, if we want to buy any waterproofs they will be available in the club shop, and will be placed in a sealed clear bag so that turnstile security can verify that we have bought security approved waterproofs from the approved outlet.

Can't put a price on safety.

To be fair, anyone that goes to a football match in waterproof trousers probably needs their laptop / computers checking anyway

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'm pretty sure that the ban on celery backfired. Other vegetables were smuggled into the North Stand lol! :O

Back in the day, so many things were being banned from football grounds that somebody came up with the idea of taking the most limp & inoffensive vegetable and throwing it around. The only response from 'the authorities' was to ban it and people were searched for celery!

I had really hoped the times of treating those people attending football matches differently to those same people attending other events had gone & that Albion were at the forefront of this. In all my years I've yet to see a flask, or celery, related incident.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
To be fair, anyone that goes to a football match in waterproof trousers probably needs their laptop / computers checking anyway

Didn't you ever go to Withdean? Waterproof trousers were required apparel there.

Used to wear full golf waterproofs at Withers

Only when it was hoying down mind

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Sounds like you've never had a 2 hour journey home in soaking wet jeans. Do that once, and waterproof trousers suddenly look appealing. I've had a pair since Withdean days, although I don't especially need them sat in the West Stand Upper.

However, it's news to me that we can bring computers / laptops in, that does seem a bold move when I'm not allowed a plastic hot drinks container.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even on a really stupid thread, that still stands out as a really stupid thing to write.

Apologies for for being wrong I was sure idle social media threats were made towards the club due to Ali not waltzing straight into the starting XI.

I must have got the wrong end of the wrong stick.

Again sorry for being wrong.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here