Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
This petty, spiteful behaviour by the club stems from sheer greed, nothing else. Considering the multi millions in tv revenue the Albion now receive it is shameful, especially as many of the flaskies have stuck with the club through some very dark days. Despicable really, and inexcusable.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
This petty, spiteful behaviour by the club stems from sheer greed, nothing else. Considering the multi millions in tv revenue the Albion now receive it is shameful, especially as many of the flaskies have stuck with the club through some very dark days. Despicable really, and inexcusable.
It's kinda already been cleared up that it's not to do with money. It's misguided, over paranoid security but it's not to do with cash.

el punal

Have a nice, hot mug of Horlicks then you’ll feel much better.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

It’s only tea and soup FFS, get a grip

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
One of those issues that the club would have done well to consult with supporters clubs about.

The result would have been the same, but the club having consulted would have had some supporters on board which helps the PR.

The clubs PR appears to have been non existent beyond a rude response to a letter in the Argus.

Since the Albion now appears to be a modern "elite" organisation, I'd imagine all employees are subject to appraisals and the dreaded 360.

I'd love to do Paul Barber's. 10/10 for commercial performance and a particularly mention for your ability to respond quickly and directly to fans at all hours.

But the tone ? Often sarcastic and condescending. Must remember that we are now in an era of treating fans as clients, the "headmaster" approach needs to stop and there are a number of courses we can send you on.

Clubs have moved on from the dark days of the past but very quickly embraced a cold corporate if you don't like it go somewhere else attitude.

That's feedback, embrace it. Then you've really entered the modern world.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Disappointing response.

Thought you were better than that, I also think it’s very poor, and why the rationale is fairly sound it has been handled extremely poorly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to admit that this thread has gone on a bit though - 63 pages on a decision about hot soup and tea that’ll probably affect no more than a couple of hundred fans. It’ll be threatening the Calleri thread if people don’t find something else to moan about soon.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You have to admit that this thread has gone on a bit though - 63 pages on a decision about hot soup and tea that’ll probably affect no more than a couple of hundred fans. It’ll be threatening the Calleri thread if people don’t find something else to moan about soon.

Perhaps- but people are passionate about what ‘they believe’ are their rights and expectations, and shouldn’t be casually mocked or dismissed.

A lot of older fans enjoy a hot drink at half-time, that option is now removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
What happened to the attitude that if you change your behaviours too much then the terrorists have won? These changes won't reduce the chance of a terrorist attack AT ALL - as others have said the bomber at the arai grande concert came in near the end, when people were leavng. All it does is p off many, many people.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Lets build some little shelters outside and people can nip out for 20mins and have a soup fix

On a serious note it is disappointing and not been handled well.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What happened to the attitude that if you change your behaviours too much then the terrorists have won? These changes won't reduce the chance of a terrorist attack AT ALL - as others have said the bomber at the arai grande concert came in near the end, when people were leavng. All it does is p off many, many people.

Do you have similar complaints about tight security at airports? As for the Manchester Arena, the security around exits has been altered signfiicantly to reduce the potential for someone to detonate a bomb in a densely occupied area.

We have to accept that we live in a heightened state of security where people will happily blow their own heads off to take a few infidels with them. I quite like the fact that the club wants to proactively minimise the risk to my safety when I go to a game.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I wonder how many moaning about not having a tea flask also moaned about people not 'being able' to go without a half time beer ?

Live and let live in both cases I say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here