Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That works..but your well prepared hooligan just needs a spare bottle top, some tissues or a bit of blu-tak......and hey presto you have your bottle for luzzing!

I don't think anyone goes to the Amex with the intention of chucking a bottle at someone. It's a heat of the moment thing that they might do if a player/ref/lino winds them up and is something they probably regret the moment it leaves their hand.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
No no no, you see he's COVERED that here:

"Our job is to anticipate risks to the safety and security of our stadium, and the people within it, and then mitigate or eliminate those risks wherever it is practical to do so – not wait for an incident to occur before we take action".

See ? It's not about protecting us from something thats never happened before in the history of the world. It's all about anticipation of something happening..

If anything could be thrown and hurt but has never been thrown before? a bag of sweets from their candy counter? a shoe? bunch of keys? the list is endless

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
No no no, you see he's COVERED that here:

"Our job is to anticipate risks to the safety and security of our stadium, and the people within it, and then mitigate or eliminate those risks wherever it is practical to do so – not wait for an incident to occur before we take action".

See ? It's not about protecting us from something thats never happened before in the history of the world. It's all about anticipation of something happening..

If anything could be thrown and hurt but has never been thrown before? a bag of sweets from their candy counter? a shoe? bunch of keys? the list is endless

42F2B825-5103-45D9-932E-22C41DE3F730.gif

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Its the same every year. You get a batch of part-time minimum wage student newbies at the start of every season who have never worked the tills before, have never heard of Bovril, and can barely comprehend the concept of "rounding up". I once bought some stuff that came to £10.20, handed over a £20 note and said "do you want the 20p ?", only to be met with a stare so puzzled/blank you'd have thought I'd asked if I could molest his sister.

Just the nature of the industry I suppose, with the high turnover of part time staff. They don't improve much over the season either. It never improves, it never will.

That's not restricted to the Amex ..... this week I went to the local bakery and spent £1.71. I handed over £10.71 obviously expecting £9 back. I got a puzzled look from her and £9.08 change - I wouldn't mind but the till tells them what change to give :facepalm:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That's not restricted to the Amex ..... this week I went to the local bakery and spent £1.71. I handed over £10.71 obviously expecting £9 back. I got a puzzled look from her and £9.08 change - I wouldn't mind but the till tells them what change to give :facepalm:

To be fair, that confused me a bit :lolol:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Ahh, the good old days at the Goldstone, the smell of cigar smoke from the West Stand , mingled with horse liniment from the dressing room, together with a faint whiff of stale piss and dodgy pies.
Loved it and loved the ability to take my flask of tea or coffee in during the colder months.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Never seen that at the Amex but I am old enough to remember a Brighton fan pouring the hot contents of his flask over the Millwall supporters who were below him in the standing part of the West at the Goldstone. They were already pretty nasty and I don't think it helped their disposition one little bit.

Yes I remember that

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Ahh, the good old days at the Goldstone, the smell of cigar smoke from the West Stand , mingled with horse liniment from the dressing room, together with a faint whiff of stale piss and dodgy pies.
Loved it and loved the ability to take my flask of tea or coffee in during the colder months.

Don't forget the pungent smell of the match day program.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Were you up in the West like me? I was only a kid, but things got very 'interesting' around that point!

Yes, my father and his mate threw a millwall fan back into their crowd when he climbed into the west stand and hit a woman sat next to me in the front row...it was like the film Zulu where these idiots were trying to get into the main stand.

Wasn't that also where two police dogs were kicked really badly by their fans?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here