Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We were bad last night but not THAT bad.

I’m actually buzzing after last night’s comeback. An away draw is a good result and the manner of it will give the boys plenty of confidence. However, a small part of me dies whenever I see this thread bounce back up, and I just wish the main protagonists would do something constructive with all their expert knowledge than whinge on here.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Tell you what, rather than moan incessantly on your soap box on here, why don’t you do something useful and contact the head of security at the Amex, and maybe MI5 as well, and tell them what they’re doing wrong, seeing as you seem to think you’re better informed and know more about counter terrorism and public safety than these guys.

Isn't that what Nsc is for? Posters moaning incessantly about something or other? I like my soapbox and will stay on it as long as I like, thanks.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I’m actually buzzing after last night’s comeback. An away draw is a good result and the manner of it will give the boys plenty of confidence. However, a small part of me dies whenever I see this thread bounce back up, and I just wish the main protagonists would do something constructive with all their expert knowledge than whinge on here.

It's all about opinions and fair enough you don't share the views of some of the people. Part of you dies? There are thousands of threads on NSC which are 'worse' than this one and this thread has on the whole been informative and at times pretty well humored. Try the Brexit thread?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Tell you what, rather than moan incessantly on your soap box on here, why don’t you do something useful and contact the head of security at the Amex, and maybe MI5 as well, and tell them what they’re doing wrong, seeing as you seem to think you’re better informed and know more about counter terrorism and public safety than these guys.

I don’t think we need M15 to tell about short men with a bit of power :lolol:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Isn't that what Nsc is for? Posters moaning incessantly about something or other? I like my soapbox and will stay on it as long as I like, thanks.
Fair enough. However, if you’re going to keep on going on, then you have to accept that readers, such as me, will think that you’re a bit special if you can’t differentiate between the terrorist target risk of a 4th division match with a 6000 crowd, and that of a match in the world’s richest league broadcast to a 70+ million worldwide audience.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fair enough. However, if you’re going to keep on going on, then you have to accept that readers, such as me, will think that you’re a bit special if you can’t differentiate between the terrorist target risk of a 4th division match with a 6000 crowd, and that of a match in the world’s richest league broadcast to a 70+ million worldwide audience.

I think you’re a bit of a drama queen.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Maybe you can't tell the difference between tongue in cheek posts and reality?

It's funny I whinge at the club and get moaned at, and stand up for the club then told I'm a licker.
:shrug:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Strikes me as odd that flasks have only now become an issue.

We were in the PL and owned by a Jew, with a large American sponsor and two Israeli players last season and I don't recall any flask related safety or security issues.

So what changed?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

We were in the PL and owned by a Jew, with a large American sponsor and two Israeli players last season and I don't recall any flask related safety or security issues.

So what changed?

What an odd person you are

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

By the way 4th division has not existed for years......Get with the 21st Century old man..

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

So what changed?

Maybe the detailed security advice and guidance the club gets all the time from the experts perhaps ? The club will have an ongoing risk assessment process that will consider loads of factors.........and will, using a risk-based approach, continually adapt it's rules and procedures in the light of those factors. For obvious reasons, they're not always going to publicise details of what those factors might be at any given time. Any organisation that has a high profile, with vast numbers of members of the public in a confined space at predetermined times (ie making an easy target) will have the same. Taking this example, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the club have been advised by the home office anti-terrorist unit of a very specific threat related to a bomb-based flask targeting the Amex - upon receipt of which they can choose to ignore it, allow them but search all of them and check the contents, or keep it simple and just say 'don't bring them in'.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Went last night with a friend who lives in Southampton and has 2 ST.s. one of which I used. Interesting that both are in his name, I didnt see anybody frisked and his father in law who sat a few seats away had a flask.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Went last night with a friend who lives in Southampton and has 2 ST.s. one of which I used. Interesting that both are in his name, I didnt see anybody frisked and his father in law who sat a few seats away had a flask.

At the away entrance we had a metal detecting wand thing passed over and I had to empty my pockets. Not sure if we do similar to away fans at the Amex or not.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
At the away entrance we had a metal detecting wand thing passed over and I had to empty my pockets. Not sure if we do similar to away fans at the Amex or not.

I had the wand jobbie treatment too, but they didn’t make me empty my pockets. Perhaps you looked suspicious?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Maybe nobody wants to blow St Mary's up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here