Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Looks like Flaskgate is rumbling on elsewhere...

IS FLASKS.jpg

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
More warnings from the club today. Beware those who CRIMINALLY conceal a bottle top for use later. That alone could now see you ejected and banned. Just a tad over the top.

"In light of recent high profile incidents where a range of items – including capped water bottles – have been thrown onto the pitch at a number of matches around the country, we are reminding all Brighton & Hove Albion and visiting supporters that bottles with tops on them are prohibited at the Amex Stadium.

While we are aware the vast majority of home and away fans are happy to oblige with the stadium rules and regulations, which are in place to ensure spectator safety as well as that of players, staff and match officials, we have experienced incidents at our own stadium in recent months and will be stepping checks to avoid any further incidents.

We have previously advised fans bringing their own water in to the Amex that we would permit clear plastic bottles with a capacity of less than 500ml, subject to the removal and disposal of bottle tops prior to entry. Our stewards will now be strictly enforcing this policy, and bottle tops will also be removed from drinks sold inside the stadium.

Finally, we are also aware of a very small number of fans who chose to continue to ignore stadium rules by bringing flasks into the stadium, or by concealing bottle tops for use later.

Anyone doing this is liable to ejection from the stadium and further stadium and ticketing sanctions. The club will not issue any further warnings."

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
More warnings from the club today. Beware those who CRIMINALLY conceal a bottle top for use later. That alone could now see you ejected and banned. Just a tad over the top.

"In light of recent high profile incidents where a range of items – including capped water bottles – have been thrown onto the pitch at a number of matches around the country, we are reminding all Brighton & Hove Albion and visiting supporters that bottles with tops on them are prohibited at the Amex Stadium.

While we are aware the vast majority of home and away fans are happy to oblige with the stadium rules and regulations, which are in place to ensure spectator safety as well as that of players, staff and match officials, we have experienced incidents at our own stadium in recent months and will be stepping checks to avoid any further incidents.

We have previously advised fans bringing their own water in to the Amex that we would permit clear plastic bottles with a capacity of less than 500ml, subject to the removal and disposal of bottle tops prior to entry. Our stewards will now be strictly enforcing this policy, and bottle tops will also be removed from drinks sold inside the stadium.

Finally, we are also aware of a very small number of fans who chose to continue to ignore stadium rules by bringing flasks into the stadium, or by concealing bottle tops for use later.

Anyone doing this is liable to ejection from the stadium and further stadium and ticketing sanctions. The club will not issue any further warnings."

Are they going to ban managers who kick water bottles with tops on?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Doesn’t make sense

They claim people have been ILLEGALLY bringing in bottle tops.

But they haven’t needed to as until now they haven’t been removing them when you buy drinks.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Doesn’t make sense

They claim people have been ILLEGALLY bringing in bottle tops.

But they haven’t needed to as until now they haven’t been removing them when you buy drinks.

It can't have been illegal as there's no law against the carriage of, possession of or entry to any premises with, a bottle top.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Is anyone else uncomfortable with the tone of this latest edict from our £m+ salary-drawer?

The priviliged few in the Boardroom, hospitality, hangers-on, 1901 have refreshments on tap. Woe betide the unwashed masses if they attempt to sip their own water inside the ground or can't scrum down for a warm drink at HT. (There really is no practical point in bringing in a water bottle with no top.)

The only problem we've had with water bottles is when Dick Emery booted one into the crowd!

A disproportionate response to a non-existent problem in my opinion. Others might term it Nazi control-freakery.

I shall make my own tiny protest by reducing my overpriced 'concession spend' to an average of zero.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Is anyone else uncomfortable with the tone of this latest edict from our £m+ salary-drawer?

The priviliged few in the Boardroom, hospitality, hangers-on, 1901 have refreshments on tap. Woe betide the unwashed masses if they attempt to sip their own water inside the ground or can't scrum down for a warm drink at HT. (There really is no practical point in bringing in a water bottle with no top.)

The only problem we've had with water bottles is when Dick Emery booted one into the crowd!

A disproportionate response to a non-existent problem in my opinion. Others might term it Nazi control-freakery.

I shall make my own tiny protest by reducing my overpriced 'concession spend' to an average of zero.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yes. Very uncomfortable. Us plebs in steerage can clearly not be trusted in the same way as the "money" in corporate.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Are the club incapable of dealing with the idiots who throw bottles or is the treat everyone like children approach their default solution for every issue?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Another over reaction, particularly given the removal now of bottle tops from bottles purchased on the concourse.

Why not just treat people as adults and then severely punish anyone who decides to throw a capped bottle inside the ground.

I'm now fully expecting the hot drink lids to be removed in case anyone considers throwing a full cup of tea inside the ground.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
What I don’t get is that it ain’t that difficult to throw a bottle full of water with no cap on and hit someone as hard as if a cap was fitted. I was told some years ago that caps were only dangerous if loosely fitted to an empty plastic bottle and someone stamps on the bottle - it treats the cap like an air gun pellet.
I am just not convinced by their arguments re bottles and flasks and am more and more convinced they are just trying to create revenue instead of supporting those who support them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What I don’t get is that it ain’t that difficult to throw a bottle full of water with no cap on and hit someone as hard as if a cap was fitted. I was told some years ago that caps were only dangerous if loosely fitted to an empty plastic bottle and someone stamps on the bottle - it treats the cap like an air gun pellet.
I am just not convinced by their arguments re bottles and flasks and am more and more convinced they are just trying to create revenue instead of supporting those who support them.

I agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here