Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It is not so much only the banning of flasks but the pathetic reasoning given and treating us all as if we are idiots to not realise the correct reason. REVENUE.

Nah don't think so.......a relative handful of people buying a cup of tea or coffee, from kiosks that are already at/over capacity ? Revenue is completely insignificant.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must admit that when The Amex first opened I used to take a bottle of coke in with some removed and replaced with brandy as I didnt and still dont like the beer on offer and stood after the game with my vrother who hada pint and waiteds for the crowds to go. Now I dont bother I just go straight home so no more Brandy and Coke. perhaps some years on I am one of those to be blamed.

I wonder if they would stop you taking the fish and chips bought outside of the shop into the ground.as hopefully it would be hot food.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Let us see how many smug answers there are on here when PB bans Vapers on the basis that some people are still smoking them in stands and toilets and there is a chance they may explode or contain other substances.

Of course you poor addicted people can go two hours without your fix.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It is not so much only the banning of flasks but the pathetic reasoning given and treating us all as if we are idiots to not realise the correct reason. REVENUE.
We can argue about whether a flask is a risk, but this isn't about revenue. The club probably aren't comfortable about putting fear into the fans either.

Some external agency / advisor has weighed up the risk and banned flasks. If you believe the risk (which I don't) it's perfectly consistent to ban a metal container which would cause an annoyance to check the contents on entry.

After the Boston bombing I'm surprised they are not universally banned at venues under the current climate. Banned from Wimbledon for the above reason.

Whether I agree with that is another matter.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nah don't think so.......a relative handful of people buying a cup of tea or coffee, from kiosks that are already at/over capacity ? Revenue is completely insignificant.

I think that it is the thin end of the wedge next it will be all food and drink as it is available to be bought on the concourses.irrespective of the poor standard. As has been said many times if it is for security reasons why set a date of 1st September.not pre season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Let us see how many smug answers there are on here when PB bans Vapers on the basis that some people are still smoking them in stands and toilets and there is a chance they may explode or contain other substances.

Of course you poor addicted people can go two hours without your fix.

Hope he does.....stinky ******s.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think that it is the thin end of the wedge next it will be all food and drink as it is available to be bought on the concourses.irrespective of the poor standard. As has been said many times if it is for security reasons why set a date of 1st September.not pre season.

I think you are plucking things out of thin air and just increasing your post count although I have heard a rumour about rock cakes being banned

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Good - will be nice not to have to clamber over flasks, rucksacks, carrier bags full of grub, sandwich boxes and the like to get to my seat.........

Probably ever-changing security advice, and to allow time to communicate the policy - already been stated elsewhere that they wanted to speak to people as they entered the ground with their weapons/flasks so they're clear for next time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In your opinion...my opinion is that it’s not about revenue at all

As has been said many times the risk is no greater now than pre Nantes game so why did they not say at the end of last season or during the summer when there were no games that with immediate affect flasks were to be banned etc. That would have been accepted by most people as being a genuine reason not as now.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As has been said many times the risk is no greater now than pre Nantes game so why did they not say at the end of last season or during the summer when there were no games with immediate affect flasks were to be banned etc.

How can you possibly know that ? Club will be in regular dialogue with police and other advisors on this and constantly reviewing things - advice (and policy) changes all the time.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As has been said many times the risk is no greater now than pre Nantes game so why did they not say at the end of last season or during the summer when there were no games with immediate affect flasks were to be banned etc.

Does it matter when...it’s been said now one home game into the season by stewards at the first match which most supporters would be at and again referring to your oringinal post imho I don’t think it’s about revenue

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Does it matter when...it’s been said now one home game into the season by stewards at the first match which most supporters would be at and again referring to your oringinal post imho I don’t think it’s about revenue

Yes it does

Is the security risk greater now than pre Nantes games or more so Man Utd who are a world famous team playing here.so more publicity if that was the intention.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes it does

Is the security risk greater now than pre Nantes games or more so Man Utd who are a world famous team playing here.so more publicity if that was the intention.

Perhaps you should apply for the job as security advisor alongside your role as centre and left back expert

I imagine risk assessments are being made all the time

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Apart from the security issues this is mainly about people bringing in alcohol to drink in view of the pitch which the club legally cannot tolerate. Those that have repeatedly done this are the ones that deserve blame here. Can people really not go without alcohol for more than 45 minutes? (I know, I know)

Which in itself is a financial decision... the club want supporters buying their alcohol...

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Sometimes, I think the hordes of bedwetting snowflakes who seize on every opportunity to stick the knife into the club/Barber, deliberately look for confrontation.

Especially over an issue that, while a slight inconvenience to a small minority of fans, is a logical thing to expect the club to do.

Oh well.

not PL ready?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here