Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Todays Ref Kevin Friend

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I listened to the BBC Radio Sussex commentary whilst at the game (useful for those distant incidents when you can't really see what happened, etc) and I recall one point well into the second half when Wazza said something along the lines of "28,000 of us can't be wrong about all these poor decisions" (or words to that effect!). The fact that CH in his typically measured way mildly queried the decisions shows that they were somewhat ridiculous/biased, and that's without my blue and white tinted glasses on too.

Radio 5 said he had got everything spot on and had a dig at the Brighton fans for complaining about every decision.
Then Van Dyke handled in the box and they admitted Liverpool may have got away with one.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
there are two options.
The refs are biased against brighton
or the the brighton fans are biased for brighton.
tricky one

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
eec0fd5a76bfad5982b6c6a19bfb34b7.jpg

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Is he still a ****?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He was Blue Kevin when he reffed three of our home victories this season.

Sorry but that is simplistic nonsense. The fact we won those games does not in any way prove that he leant towards us in them. He was actually pretty shit in those, too.

Against United he gave them a very, very soft late penalty, and a couple of extra minutes of phantom extra time to try to snatch a late point.

Against Palace, he was terrible all round. Gave us a dubious penalty for the foul of Izquierdo, but turned down a definite penalty for the foul on Murray (which in turn led to Duffy's stupid red card). And bottled sending Zaha off when 100% should have.

Albion win = helpful ref isn't always the case.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hopefully the Albion players use the ‘get in your opponents faces’ approach from the get-go when we play ManC and Chelsea from now on. It’s helped closed the gap when we play ManU & LFC.

Whereas we always give bloody Chelsea and ManC so much reverence and stand back.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can't see him reffing a game this weekend.

A reflection of his performance last week?
Nah, they rotate - think he was 4th official at Bournemouth v West Ham?

Also believe he's back in charge at the Amex on Saturday [emoji15][emoji15]

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
A colleague of mine is a part time ref, and he will be attending a talk by Kevin Friend this evening. Does anyone have any questions they would like said friend to answer?

wealdgull

NSC Patron
Dec 7, 2017
A colleague of mine is a part time ref, and he will be attending a talk by Kevin Friend this evening. Does anyone have any questions they would like said friend to answer?

Does "explain yourself" count as a question?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Is his philosophy when he refs a top six Premier League game “If in doubt give the decision to the big team”

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter

I used to like these meetings when I was a ref. Tim Robinson was a memorable one. Howard Webb also attended an end-of-year gala way back when. You'd put questions on sticky notes at the front of the hall and at the end of the evening, the host would read them out to the guest speaker.

Here's a starter for ten: Is 20-20 vision an essential requirement or merely desirable in Premier League officials?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here