Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Todays Ref Kevin Friend

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Watching the tellybox the ref seemed good,up until the Man U penalty that wasn't.He had words with Glenn several times that I saw,and strongly indicated that he'd had enough,counting 4 times.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My carefully thought through assessment is that he was a wnkr.

On the Murray booking, Murray did nowt wrong, a point picked up by the commentator. G.Neville said it was a booking because Muzza glanced before staying entirely still, which was gently poo-pood. As he did nothing wrong, the "cumulative infringements" theory doesn't hold.

The ref also did nothing on Fred's late attempted assault on a Brighton player, where he kicked Shaw. In whacking the ball, the vemom of his follow through was entirely unnecessary. The act of a bad loser.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Don't think I've ever seen a more biased referee performance against one player (Murray) in my life.

There again that might have been through my blue and white specs.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Is there anything that says you can't look for fouls though, or if you do you can't be fouled?

Presumably all the time Murray was being climbed on the ref thought he was looking for it, therefore it wasn't a foul, or did he think Murray was effectively diving? Players look for fouls all the time though, normally it's OK, penalties are often given for players looking for the foul.

I will clarify - Murray often backs in and/or falls over and gets fouls that I don't think are fouls, but he's good at conning refs. The ref obviously knows this and didn't want to fall for it. But he went the other way and got some decisions wrong. Of course if Murray is actually fouled, then he should get a free kick, whether or not he's looking for it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think GM yellow was for persistent fouls. The same one being repeated many times just standing and letting the player go over him without trying to play the ball.

Jul 7, 2003
I'm sure Murray's yellow was for persistent foul play and not for the particular challenge that lead to the booking.

The ref did warn Murray a number of times before issuing the card.

I think the referee was correct to issue the card after Murray continued to make a back for the opposition player.

Finally someone has understood this. Murray has been doing this for years and the refs have got wise to him making a back and then crying foul. It's all part of the battle between defender and attacker but maybe Muzza isn't as subtle in his old age to be able to get away with it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just a quick word about the batty lineman on the east side...seemed to give Utd a throw in when March cleared and it clipped a Utd player..led to their penalty :wrong:

View attachment 99855

Several really bad off side decisions too against both sides. We were right in line when several weren't given that should have been

We got really annoyed with him for the offsides which weren't, and the throw in was completely wrong. Solly kicked the ball against the Utd player's leg, so should have been our throw.
That then led to the move for the penalty (which was dubious into).

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Thought he was decent to be honest. If the worst thing people have is Murray's yellow and a throw-in given the wrong way, they should probably look at Mikey "The Big Man" Dean for some perspective.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thought he was generally OK.....pretty sure Murray was booked for persistent foul play (fair enough) but on that basis Pogba should have got a second-half yellow as well. KF probably couldn't find him in Propper's pocket though. Other than that he got most things right, and didn't fall for much of Ashley Young's tumbling and complaining every time Solly brushed by.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Bizarre decision when Knocky was fouled, he let it go, Knocky fell over on the edge of the box and he clearly pointed back to the original foul location. And then marked the spot on the edge of the box. Judging by the height of the free kick, Knocky thought he was taking it from the original foul location as well.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Is there anything that says you can't look for fouls though, or if you do you can't be fouled?

Presumably all the time Murray was being climbed on the ref thought he was looking for it, therefore it wasn't a foul, or did he think Murray was effectively diving? Players look for fouls all the time though, normally it's OK, penalties are often given for players looking for the foul.

This is correct

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I thought we did very well yesterday even the ref could not stop us winning he had refereed United 17 times which United had won 14 to 3 losses now its 14 to 4 :tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here