Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What did you think of his performance...didn't seem to like our Glen much :moo:

DSCF2578.jpg

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
The yellow for Murray was a joke.

Not as bad as his performance when he reffed our match at home to Spurs last season, though.

He smiled as he got boo'd off, at both HT and FT if I recall correctly. He wasn't impressed with Murray that day either.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Mourn ho moaning about him being very keen to blow up at the end...it's all good by me. Good performance...wouldn't take Glens "professionalism" is al.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just a quick word about the batty lineman on the east side...seemed to give Utd a throw in when March cleared and it clipped a Utd player..led to their penalty :wrong:

DSCF2592.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He was ok today...... no one should get their knickers in a twist over him today. Murray’s was for 3 or 4 consecutive offences and he got both penalties right. If that’s the worst we get ?

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I'm sure Murray's yellow was for persistent foul play and not for the particular challenge that lead to the booking.

The ref did warn Murray a number of times before issuing the card.

I think the referee was correct to issue the card after Murray continued to make a back for the opposition player.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
What was the refs problem with Murray? Lots of talking off the ball and coming out after half time, a yellow card for something, I don't know what.

It looked like Murray was constantly getting fouled, I guess not though?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
What was the refs problem with Murray? Lots of talking off the ball and coming out after half time, a yellow card for something, I don't know what.

It looked like Murray was constantly getting fouled, I guess not though?

I think he thought Murray was looking for fouls, which to be fair he does a lot, but perhaps he let that cloud his judgement to a certain extent - I'm not sure what the yellow card was about. It was the same when he reffed us last season (didn't want to give Murray much). But apart from that he wasn't that bad today - seemed pretty even and fair overall.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I think he thought Murray was looking for fouls, which to be fair he does a lot, but perhaps he let that cloud his judgement to a certain extent - I'm not sure what the yellow card was about. It was the same when he reffed us last season (didn't want to give Murray much). But apart from that he wasn't that bad today - seemed pretty even and fair overall.

Is there anything that says you can't look for fouls though, or if you do you can't be fouled?

Presumably all the time Murray was being climbed on the ref thought he was looking for it, therefore it wasn't a foul, or did he think Murray was effectively diving? Players look for fouls all the time though, normally it's OK, penalties are often given for players looking for the foul.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Thought he was fine. Watching on the box there was the odd error both ways but nothing substantial. No issues.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
Is there anything that says you can't look for fouls, or if you do you can't be fouled? Presumably all the time Murray was being climbed on the ref thought he was looking for it, therefore it wasn't a foul, or did he think Murray was effectively diving? Players look for fouls all the time though, normally it's OK.

I think he got fed up with it, because there was an incident a few minutes earlier that Glenn didn’t get the decision. Combined with the fouls he always commits in his role a target man... I think the referee got fed up with his antics.

But he got the decision wrong. It was a foul on that occasion. But let’s be honest, he’s given more (crucial, pressure relieving) fouls than he always deserves.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here