Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Any news on Dunk?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Agree re Balogun looked very assured..think Duffy stepped up to his role as senior partner

Precisely this. Considering it was his debut in English football, and thrown in to the deep end, I think Balogun was tremendous. As you say big Shane seemed to relish the senior defender role, and was man of the match for me.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The great thing about Dunk and Duffy is that they really complement each other. One of Dunks attributes is greater pace, so it was superb to see Balogun outstrip Lukaku running towards East Stand.

One of many individual great moments yesterday. I also loved seeing Matt Ryan join the wild celebrations involving every player by the corner flags. Just warmed the heart!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The lady that sits next to me (who listens to Radio Sussex during the game) said that he was seen in the tunnel with support on his foot/ankle.

Standard operating procedure I'd guess, ice, rest and protect?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The great thing about Dunk and Duffy is that they really complement each other. One of Dunks attributes is greater pace, so it was superb to see Balogun outstrip Lukaku running towards East Stand.

One of many individual great moments yesterday. I also loved seeing Matt Ryan join the wild celebrations involving every player by the corner flags. Just warmed the heart!

Yeah was great to see Maty charge the full length of the field to join the celebrating throng after Glenn's opener. Mind you, the second goal followed on so quickly, that he must only have had time to turn around and sprint all the way back to celebrate that one as well! Great stuff.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No point anyone trying to guess
Oh come on, we have to!
....could be anything from a simple knock to a broken foot or ankle.
If he's broken his ankle, it's not my fault for saying it didn't look like an ankle problem, it looked more like a metatarsal.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hodgson goes for the Pulis and Mourinho school of science.

Put air on that ball to giants.

I'd bloody hate an Albion manager doing that.

I take your point, it isn't easy on the eye, but I guess you have to make the best use of what you have, and in the case of Pulis and Mourinho anyway, it's served them pretty well so far.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Chris said it was his ankle in the post match interview.
Oh.
It absolutely wasn't, though.
Got studded top of foot.
On first look I thought it was on the top of his foot (one of his metatarsals), but having seen it again I see it's both the top of his foot, and also a bit further up the front of his ankle (not even sure what that bit's called). Not sure which bit got injured.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here