Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Any news on Dunk?

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Spoke to him after the game. Protective boot and crutches.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This is the precise reason you need a top class third centre back. Remember we got lucky last season with only Duffy of our pair missing just the 1 game. Very impressed with Balogun because it was hard to tell watching Nigeria in World Cup what he was.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hope that it isn't a serious injury but must admit when he went down I thought that it was done to disguise his mistake in losing the ball but unfortunately that wasn't the case.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I thought Balogun looked class today, if Dunk is fit for next week I really hope CH plays all 3 of them (Dunk, Duffy & Balogun) at Liverpool next week, with wing backs, to tackle the threat of Liverpool’s front 3. A 4-4-1-1 formation away from home is clearly not working for us.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I thought Balogun looked class today, if Dunk is fit for next week I really hope CH plays all 3 of them (Dunk, Duffy & Balogun) at Liverpool next week, with wing backs, to tackle the threat of Liverpool’s front 3. A 4-4-1-1 formation away from home is clearly not working for us.

No chance. Can’t believe Hughton would go for an untried and untested line up after such a great performance and win. Ok we were crap at Watford but CH will look at resolving what went wrong rather than starting with a clean sheet.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
No chance. Can’t believe Hughton would go for an untried and untested line up after such a great performance and win. Ok we were crap at Watford but CH will look at resolving what went wrong rather than starting with a clean sheet.

Yes we were crap at Watford and that was largely caused by our formation - we got completely overrun in the middle of the park because Watford packed the midfield playing 2 banks of 2 and relied on their full back for their width. Liverpool play a similar way by having numbers through the middle of the pitch with the front 3 playing narrow with 3 central midfielders while their full backs provide the width and Liverpool tore us apart last season. We need 3 central defenders and 3 central midfielders and use wing backs to give ourselves any chance of matching them, competing and confining their space.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean

I tend to agree with you that CH won’t change anything however we were crap at Watford and that was largely caused by our formation - we got completely overrun in the middle of the park because Watford packed the midfield playing 2 banks of 2 and relied on their full backs for their width. Liverpool play a similar way by having numbers through the middle of the pitch with the front 3 playing narrow and 3 central midfielders while their full backs provide the width and Liverpool tore us apart last season. We need 3 central defenders and 3 central midfielders and use wing backs for our width to give ourselves any chance of matching them, competing and confining their space.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Hope the injury isn't too serious. A poor first touch from Dunk has caused his injury sadly. :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here