Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Any news on Dunk?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Watched a couple of replays tonight. Looked like a stud on the angle between shin and foot, so maybe just a nasty knock. Didn’t look like a metatarsal knock, or a turned ankle.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Ankle injury - 75% chance of playing.

Source: Fantasy Premier League player updates.....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
At least there is an international break after the Fulham game; perhaps he won't be rushed back.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No way will he be rushed back so early in the season. No sense in risking him v Liverpool. Expect him back after the international break, just how much after though !!!

If he can get back in the team.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Heard a morsel of information that it is ligament damage, so could be out for a bit.

I'm sure someone has already shared that rumour and I'm late to the party.

Either way, another for the pot.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Heard a morsel of information that it is ligament damage, so could be out for a bit.

I'm sure someone has already shared that rumour and I'm late to the party.

Either way, another for the pot.

Weird as there was no hyper extension or rolling and ligaments rarely damaged by impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Hughton's precise quote was
""We won't know until [Monday] morning, he's gone over on his ankle but Lewis is a tough individual and he's not used to missing games."

The pic of him at the game after he went off injured (via BBC Sussex Sport)
Dunk.jpg

Club haven't commented since then. Probably won't do until the pre Liverpool press conference on Thursday.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Argus : "Weeks, not months".

Literally this means less than 2 months ( ie under 9 weeks ), but if this statement is taken more holistically then worst case it could be 1 or 2 more weeks than 9 ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ironic that after last season where we were so lucky with injuries
I keep reading this, but I can never understand it. Didn't Kayal, Sidwell, March and Baldock all miss a good chunk at the start of the season because of injury? We know how Chris likes to give new players time to get used to our system and also the PL, but he was forced to start with Propper and Gross from the beginning. Propper was a liability at the start as he was finding his feet, but Chris had no options.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I keep reading this, but I can never understand it. Didn't Kayal, Sidwell, March and Baldock all miss a good chunk at the start of the season because of injury? We know how Chris likes to give new players time to get used to our system and also the PL, but he was forced to start with Propper and Gross from the beginning. Propper was a liability at the start as he was finding his feet, but Chris had no options.

March was available for most of the season (36 league appearances), as was Baldock apparently (not selected).

I thought Propper started pretty well aside from a couple of games.

We were a bit short in the middle and up front due to injuries and lack of squad depth at the start of the season, but overall we didn't seem to have too many injuries.

According to this table, at the start of May we were second bottom in terms of days lost: http://www.skysports.com/football/n...b-has-suffered-most-from-injuries-this-season

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Completely that - Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation (RICE protocol). No point anyone trying to guess....could be anything from a simple knock to a broken foot or ankle. No doubt he'll be having a scan this morning.

RICE now also includes a "P", as in PRICE.

The "P" is either "Paramedic" or "Prognosis" - aka what exactly is the injury. As an example, if you can't obviously tell the difference between a grade 2 or grade 3 muscle injury [2 is major tear, 3 is a rupture], whilst RICE is okay for emergency / initial treatment, a scan to confirm exactly what the injury is would be essential as the treatment for grade 2 vs 3 is very different.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
RICE now also includes a "P", as in PRICE.

The "P" is either "Paramedic" or "Prognosis" - aka what exactly is the injury. As an example, if you can't obviously tell the difference between a grade 2 or grade 3 muscle injury [2 is major tear, 3 is a rupture], whilst RICE is okay for emergency / initial treatment, a scan to confirm exactly what the injury is would be essential as the treatment for grade 2 vs 3 is very different.

Good point......for most of us the P is the most important......Dunk luckily has an army of people doing that anyway and doesn’t have to go on to facebook asking if anyone knows what’s wrong with his foot [emoji23][emoji23]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
March was available for most of the season (36 league appearances), as was Baldock apparently (not selected).
Although available for most, didn't they miss the start? I thought so, but it's a while ago so I may have remembered that wrong.

I thought Propper started pretty well aside from a couple of games.
Had Kayal have been fit, we'd have played him until Propper was ready.

We were a bit short in the middle and up front due to injuries and lack of squad depth at the start of the season, but overall we didn't seem to have too many injuries.
Indeed, overall we didn't have too many. But we did have some at the start, we weren't overly fortunate. Most sides don't lose many players with injuries.

According to this table, at the start of May we were second bottom in terms of days lost: http://www.skysports.com/football/n...b-has-suffered-most-from-injuries-this-season
I presume they're not going to know whether a player is injured or just hasn't been selected. Kayal broke his leg in pre-season, and wasn't available for a few months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here