Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Match Of The Day 2, BBC ONE, 22:30

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't wait to watch 20 minutes on what Utd did wrong.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
It willl be all about MU failings.
No credit for us pressing them and leaving them no time on the ball to control the game.
Avoid

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Is the right answer, I bet not one word of praise for us
"Not one word"? Of course there will FFS.

But the fact is, Albion's performance is the secondary story. United's ineptness is the main story here, especially as they've failed to buy a centre back and jizzed millions on crap like Fred.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh come on - such bias chaps. Of course it will be worth the licence alone just to watch the repeats and analysis of Lukaku's goal and Pogba's fabulous penalty. I mean, that's quality and what all peeps want to see, innit?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
"Not one word"? Of course there will FFS.

But the fact is, Albion's performance is the secondary story. United's ineptness is the main story here, especially as they've failed to buy a centre back and jizzed millions on crap like Fred.

Obviously Mourinho won't be happy that he didn't get the defensive improvements he wanted, but I think it's a bit too early to be writing Fred off. I've seen a lot of derogatory comments aimed at him this evening, but he looked pretty good last week against Leicester. Pogba has looked terrible against us, but we know he's a quality player and has played very well against other teams. So quite reactionary to suggest Fred is a waste of money, but I guess people like to have a dig at Man United. Who can blame them.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Man Utd aren't in decline. They finished second last year and were unbeaten this season until today. Unfortunately for them, they came up against a team that is far superior in every department. I'm not saying we are going to win the league just because of today's performance, it's obviously going to be a long hard fight between Manchester City, Liverpool and ourselves, but I still think Utd might squeeze into fourth spot.(Last season they finished with one more point than when they won the league in 2011, but Man City have raised the bar.)

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Obviously Mourinho won't be happy that he didn't get the defensive improvements he wanted, but I think it's a bit too early to be writing Fred off. I've seen a lot of derogatory comments aimed at him this evening, but he looked pretty good last week against Leicester. Pogba has looked terrible against us, but we know he's a quality player and has played very well against other teams. So quite reactionary to suggest Fred is a waste of money, but I guess people like to have a dig at Man United. Who can blame them.
I wrote Fred off in 2014 when I thought he was toilet for Brazil in the world cup there. I really can't believe he's been held in high regard by anyone since.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
There'll be deserved praise for us no doubt. And how a journeyman striker of almost 35 years old made a £100m+ defence look like amateurs.

But, like it or not, the bigger story will be whether Mourinho is the right man to take United forward.

Based on what we've seen today, the answer is unequivocally 'no'.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It's only correct that the Man United failure is the headline story. They have more fans and more people are interested in them; however it will be quite delightful to be the side ''hailed'' as standing on Jose Mourhino's head while he treads water.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Look at this clip from today's game, showcasing what a total knob Fred is. First he nearly takes Murray's head off. Then he lies on the ground pretending to be injured.

But look how quickly he forgets he's 'injured' and gets up when Murray leans over and, rightly, calls him a useless ****.

https://www.planetfootball.com/vide...murray-with-high-challenge-in-man-utd-defeat/

Not that dissimilar from Vardy yesterday, had he connected with Glen it would have been a straight red.

Still was very funny at the time, up there with Lukaku completely missing his back heel in almost exactly the same place

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here