Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Chichester

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Spot on as I've mentioned this loads of times....Brighton sadly is a dump and attracts all the wrong types and they're so bloody scruffy it's unreal.
Brighton is a shitehole because it attracts all these hippy liberal types,students and more....:glare:
It's getting worse and will get worse:nono:

two universities is going to do that. also atracts quite alot of businesses looking to employ that pool of talent.

D

Deleted member 2719

I don't know much about Chichester so I can't really comment, but it's nearby neighbour Selsey had some interesting characters when I worked there.

Selsey has lots of 6 fingered citizens, apart from the Albion greats, Adam and Martin Hinslewood!

Doctor Crawley

Jun 5, 2012
Crawley
I've just had a few nights camping at Scott's Farm.
Full of chavs, piercings tattoos and ripped jeans.

Love The Witterings though, a beautiful place on our doorstep.

el punal

I had the pleasure of visiting Chichester on Friday afternoon/evening, and what a very real pleasure it was. A very nice town centre with plenty of non-chain shops, and, what was really uplifting, good looking well-dressed people everywhere. It was almost as though I'd stepped back to an earlier age when people took care with their appearance and how they dressed. Hardly a tattoo, a piercing, or a pair of ripped jeans to be seen.

Compared to scummy Brighton it was like another world, and a very nice one too.

Yes, it is a lovely town full of polite people and they all go to bed at 7pm.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The Chichester Inn has some great live music. A lot of top class Blues acts play there.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Spot on as I've mentioned this loads of times....Brighton sadly is a dump and attracts all the wrong types and they're so bloody scruffy it's unreal.
Brighton is a shitehole because it attracts all these hippy liberal types,students and more....:glare:
It's getting worse and will get worse:nono:

:yawn:

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes, it is a lovely town full of polite people and they all go to bed at 7pm.

In Bitterne they would still be out fighting and stealing until at least 4am

Infact they have 10 x the crime to Chichester.

Chichester Crime rates

Chi Crime rates.PNG

Bitterne crime rates

Bitterne crime rates.PNG

el punal

In Bitterne they would still be out fighting and stealing until at least 4am

Infact they have 10 x the crime to Chichester.

Chichester Crime rates

View attachment 99871

Bitterne crime rates

View attachment 99870

Slightly misleading. The Bitterne crime figures actually represent the whole of the eastern half of Southampton which admittedly has some shit hole areas. Bitterne Village (estate agents speak!), where I reside, is a rather tranquil place where residents enjoy barbecues, wine tasting and wife swapping. :drink:

D

Deleted member 2719

Slightly misleading. The Bitterne crime figures actually represent the whole of the eastern half of Southampton which admittedly has some shit hole areas. Bitterne Village (estate agents speak!), where I reside, is a rather tranquil place where residents enjoy barbecues, wine tasting and wife swapping. :drink:
Hmmm wife swapping in Bitterne doesn't do much for me, do you have any pictures to back this claim up? :drool:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I concur, Chichester is very nice, a larger Arundel, which is also very nice. Both, like most places, are nicer in the sun, so have visited several times during this lovely summer.

Major downside to Chichester is the traffic around rush hours. Other than that it's great.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I like Chichester too. So many people say this or that town is OK but it doesn't have a waterpark, nightclub, Cathedral, Aldi, Bowling Alley or whatever else it is that people seek without thinking whether, or not, that is how a town / city has been planned. The nightlife of Brighton will always be different to Chichester mainly because some people seek Brighton style and others Chichester style, neither is wrong it's just what you prefer.

Someone recently told me that Arundel needed a night club because so many people visit in the evenings and want somewhere else to go. A nightclub could totally change the feel of a place and detract from what attracted people there in the first place.

Love places for what they are not what you want them to be.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I had the pleasure of visiting Chichester on Friday afternoon/evening, and what a very real pleasure it was. A very nice town centre with plenty of non-chain shops, and, what was really uplifting, good looking well-dressed people everywhere. It was almost as though I'd stepped back to an earlier age when people took care with their appearance and how they dressed. Hardly a tattoo, a piercing, or a pair of ripped jeans to be seen.

Compared to scummy Brighton it was like another world, and a very nice one too.

So, you mean it is full of Daily Mail reading, middle class tories? Which it is by the way as I used to live very close. Give me Brighton girls with their ripped jeans, piercings and tats ANY day of the week personally.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I like Chichester too. So many people say this or that town is OK but it doesn't have a waterpark, nightclub, Cathedral, Aldi, Bowling Alley or whatever else it is that people seek without thinking whether, or not, that is how a town / city has been planned. The nightlife of Brighton will always be different to Chichester mainly because some people seek Brighton style and others Chichester style, neither is wrong it's just what you prefer.

Someone recently told me that Arundel needed a night club because so many people visit in the evenings and want somewhere else to go. A nightclub could totally change the feel of a place and detract from what attracted people there in the first place.

Love places for what they are not what you want them to be.

My sister in law worked the stables at John Dunlops during their heady days of the 90s. There was subculture at night in the town which you never saw during the day and which has now, happily, disappeared.

Not sure I would want that revisited!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Chichester - no character - oh dear on that post.

Yep nothing to see and forget Bosham, Fishbourne on its doorstep, sailing from the harbour and the motor circuit and racing on the Goodwood Estate, some connection to the Romans and yep no Character

Here's a bit of reading for you ..... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chichester

Don't forget the Festival Theatre for the luvvies, I make several visits a year.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
My sister in law worked the stables at John Dunlops during their heady days of the 90s. There was subculture at night in the town which you never saw during the day and which has now, happily, disappeared.

Not sure I would want that revisited!

There was, I'll not name the bar that appeared to be the hub either!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here