Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
we beat Man United without Izqierdo, Ali J, Bissouma, Bernardo, Bruno, Andone and Dunk only managed twenty minutes. What a season this could be!

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London

persian_pooya

Jul 23, 2018
Atlanta, GA, USA
we beat Man United without Izqierdo, Ali J, Bissouma, Bernardo, Bruno, Andone and Dunk only managed twenty minutes. What a season this could be!
My thoughts exactly! I'm really happy about Montoya and Balogun fitting into the defense nicely. Because a strong defense is the most important thing. And the depth of the team looks promising!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Happy Monday
Indeed. And probably just as happy for those who came on here and honestly expressed their legitimate doubts and concerns about our prospects against United with the team CH picked as it is for those who come on here to mock them - even though it's a penny to a pound they were thinking exactly the same!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Hilarious? Oh well, it's a nice world for the hindsight experts I suppose. Always nice to be smug?

Actually, earlier comments on this thread were genuine and legitimate - the team had been abysmal at Watford, and now the team named was (virtually) just same old, same old. Strangely (and yes it was strangely) the same team managed to play 2 or 300% better than against Watford. If they'd played the same as they played last week they would have been slaughtered, even by a fairly shambolic Utd. team - so concerns were perfectly reasonable.
Good for Hughton - he got it right today, well done him - just as he (and the players) got it wrong against Watford. Someone wise after the event thinks it was hilarious that many people weren't hopeful before the today's match. Fine, if it makes them feel superior. :shrug:

No, they weren't. Read them again. Utterly embarrassing from the usual embarrassments.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Jon was very good on Talk sport this morning I only caught the end but he said he was a north stand STH and talked about the great atmosphere when we made a racket as their penalty was taken. Also praised Knockhaerts performance especially with the talent we have ready to displace him, said how Murray's goal would have been raved all over the media if he was a top rated player . The pundits then discussed how CH was underrated and doing a fantastic job.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Congratulations, Deserved win. Lovely goal from Glenn.

United we're gash, Can't see Jose being there at Christmas, Players not behind him. :D

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not wishing to sound like a smartarse, although I am, but a draw was the least I expected today. People seemed to remember that we didn't just beat Utd at home last season, we played very well against them twice at Old Trafford and should have got at least one draw up there. CH has got them worked out. Citeh and Liverpool not so much, but ManU definitely.

CH and/or the players said after yesterday's win, that their win just a few months back against ManUre, gave them their confidence yesterday.

In reverse, $$$$ Pogba & co thought they could just turn up and win. That lightning doesn`t strike twice. Well it does.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, they weren't. Read them again. Utterly embarrassing from the usual embarrassments.

Utter bollox. Embarrassing would have been 'Hughton out', or 'we're going to be relegated/beat Derby's record/not get another point all season'. 'We were crap at Watford' was true, not an embarrassing thing to say. We are worried about the outcome of the next match? - fair comment; concerned/disappointed with that team selection?......simple truth. In the end it turned out to be a successful team selection - good; indeed, it turned out to be very very good! No cause for embarrassment though. You carry on being embarrassed if you think it's the right thing to do or it makes you feel better - don't think many others will bother..

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Utter bollox. Embarrassing would have been 'Hughton out', or 'we're going to be relegated/beat Derby's record/not get another point all season'. 'We were crap at Watford' was true, not an embarrassing thing to say. We are worried about the outcome of the next match? - fair comment; concerned/disappointed with that team selection?......simple truth. In the end it turned out to be a successful team selection - good; indeed, it turned out to be very very good! No cause for embarrassment though. You carry on being embarrassed if you think it's the right thing to do or it makes you feel better - don't think many others will bother..
Er.

Firstly, why would he be embarrassed when he wasn't one of the people predicting a thumping and that CH didn't know what he was doing with team selection? He's got nothing to be embarrassed about.

Secondly, there WERE plenty of people who were embarrassed by their posts as evidenced by the number of "happy to eat humble pie" etc posts after being proved wrong.

Not all the posts were embarrassing, but some, from the usual negative twats, really were. I highlighted one earlier in the thread. People who never have anything positive to say about the Albion (or anything generally).

It's correct to mock that sort of thing when they end up with football pie all over their SHIRTS.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hilarious? Oh well, it's a nice world for the hindsight experts I suppose. Always nice to be smug?

Actually, earlier comments on this thread were genuine and legitimate
Some posts were legitimate, understandably showing concern following our performance against Watford. There were some however, that were just a bit pathetic.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Some posts were legitimate, understandably showing concern following our performance against Watford. There were some however, that were just a bit pathetic.

Did you make a pre match post about how you thought it would go or how you felt about the team sheet? Bouncing posts of people who got it wrong with comments before the game would look better if we could all see what your thoughts were pre match.

[MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] has had a field day post match but he did stick his neck on the line pre match, did you?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Did you make a pre match post about how you thought it would go or how you felt about the team sheet?
I said I was worried, given the performance against Watford. I didn't post on the team sheet, as I was on the way to the game when it came out.

Bouncing posts of people who got it wrong with comments before the game would look better if we could all see what your thoughts were pre match.
You misunderstand that nature of my posts. I didn't know any better than anyone else what would happen yesterday. I'm not saying I was right and others were wrong, because I was as worried as most. My hindsight posts fall into two categories:
Laughing at people who wrote the team off (I'd have laughed at myself too if I'd commented on the team selection), because having won the game, we should all be happy, even those who got it completely wrong (most of whom were enjoying humble pie).
Criticising those who went too far with their criticisms. IMO saying you think he should have give the new players a chance is fair enough. Saying that Chris doesn't know what he's doing, and the selected players are crap (or words to that effect) is a bit too far, and more deserving of piss taking.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I said I was worried, given the performance against Watford. I didn't post on the team sheet, as I was on the way to the game when it came out.

You misunderstand that nature of my posts. I didn't know any better than anyone else what would happen yesterday. I'm not saying I was right and others were wrong, because I was as worried as most. My hindsight posts fall into two categories:
Laughing at people who wrote the team off (I'd have laughed at myself too if I'd commented on the team selection), because having won the game, we should all be happy, even those who got it completely wrong (most of whom were enjoying humble pie).
Criticising those who went too far with their criticisms. IMO saying you think he should have give the new players a chance is fair enough. Saying that Chris doesn't know what he's doing, and the selected players are crap (or words to that effect) is a bit too far, and more deserving of piss taking.

I didn't post when I saw the team sheet yesterday because I was already at the ground, but we did have a discussion on the concourse at about 3:02 and universally agreed how disappointed/underwhelmed we were after Watford last week that there weren't more changes - particularly in respect of March and Murray. Discussion wasn't so much writing the team off, more just an air of disappointment, and a bit of resignation, with the Watford debacle fresh in the mind and virtually the same line-up going out. Virtually everyone I spoke to thought the same - especially those that were at Watford.

Maybe Piglets should add a special 'Humble' to the list so we can grab a slice after the game :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here