Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A brilliant performance by all the team, well done chaps.
Waiting for the post match interview with CH, I've had to endure Redknapp, Defoe and the jock pontificating on how bad manure were.
WTF about Brighton and Hove Albion, don't these overpaid fu*kwits realise that there were two teams playing today.

The Sky person running the programme wanted it that way and steered Defoe, Souness and Redknapp solely to that line of discussion.

We may love the Albion, but few others are interested. Countless tens of millions tune in worldwide to watch ManU and analysis about ManU.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Unbelievable!
Sky spent 45 minutes talking about Man Utd - who lost btw - and gave Chris and BHA all of 5 mins, and now they're talking about Man City again!
FFS!

But to be fair, Souness's first remarks in the post match analyses was to say 'we ought to be praising Brighton for a superb team performance and win today, but sadly it will all be about Manure'. He, of course, was proven to be correct.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hands up, I got that one wrong...bloody hell we were immense!!!!!!!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Can we all take a moment to praise Balogun? He was truly superb today. Still early days, but he looked in complete control.

Manure were utter RUBBISH today, Mourinho won’t last to Christmas with that kind of performance.

Agree was my MOTM solid performance and looked comfortable on the ball

Though my bong looked composed as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The Sky person running the programme wanted it that way and steered Defoe, Souness and Redknapp solely to that line of discussion.

We may love the Albion, but few others are interested. Countless tens of millions tune in worldwide to watch ManU and analysis about ManU.

I did laugh when they interviewed manure fans outside the Amex.
I'm sure I heard a smattering of Cornish and Cockerney :lolol::shootself

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I thought Bong done well today as well. A player I didn't think would cut it at this level, but he seems to have risen to the challenge of Suttner,

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Great performance from March, that's the player we know he can be, which is why it's so frustrating that he often doesn't perform to that level. Hopefully he can keep it up and get an extended run in the team.

Yes, but it's already been established by NSC that he only has one of those good games three or four times a season - so why can't Hughton earn his corn and just pick him for those??

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yep, I've just got in and read this thread. The first few pages (until kick off) are hilarious!!!

Hilarious? Oh well, it's a nice world for the hindsight experts I suppose. Always nice to be smug?

Actually, earlier comments on this thread were genuine and legitimate - the team had been abysmal at Watford, and now the team named was (virtually) just same old, same old. Strangely (and yes it was strangely) the same team managed to play 2 or 300% better than against Watford. If they'd played the same as they played last week they would have been slaughtered, even by a fairly shambolic Utd. team - so concerns were perfectly reasonable.
Good for Hughton - he got it right today, well done him - just as he (and the players) got it wrong against Watford. Someone wise after the event thinks it was hilarious that many people weren't hopeful before the today's match. Fine, if it makes them feel superior. :shrug:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
United played effectively four forwards in the 2nd half yet Hughton still had the bottle to play tactics which effectively said come and have a go if you think you hard enough.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Old fashioned approach rather than make wholesale changes.
That was not good enough.
Not for the club
The shirt
The fans
Me
And yourselves.
Now get out there and do what I know you are capable of or not only will you be replaced you will be polishing my f******g boots.
Now piss off and go and play some football.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Hilarious? Oh well, it's a nice world for the hindsight experts I suppose. Always nice to be smug?

Actually, earlier comments on this thread were genuine and legitimate - the team had been abysmal at Watford, and now the team named was (virtually) just same old, same old. Strangely (and yes it was strangely) the same team managed to play 2 or 300% better than against Watford. If they'd played the same as they played last week they would have been slaughtered, even by a fairly shambolic Utd. team - so concerns were perfectly reasonable.
Good for Hughton - he got it right today, well done him - just as he (and the players) got it wrong against Watford. Someone wise after the event thinks it was hilarious that many people weren't hopeful before the today's match. Fine, if it makes them feel superior. :shrug:
I think that CH said to the team that played last week - go and show me and the fans that you deserve to be in the team this week - if you don't you know what will happen. With a good squad that is how it should be. Better quote by Raleigh Chopper though.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here