Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Two job opportunities in Fishersgate

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
all I’m saying is other businesses could pay more yet choose not to it’s far easier to stick to the living wage and let the tax payer pick up the shortfall.

I do get your point but it’s just a weird thing to snipe at a local small employer at? I assume any time you go in a chain restaurant, supermarket or shop etc you say the same to a manager there or just save it for the internet?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Amazing how these threads always descend into this. If you don't like the job advertised then nobody is asking you to apply, or comment on it. Why say anything?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I do get your point but it’s just a weird thing to snipe at a local small employer at? I assume any time you go in a chain restaurant, supermarket or shop etc you say the same to a manager there or just save it for the internet?
I was only taking the piss mate people get all hot and bothered over nothing these days.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If living in a bubble means treating people with respect and placing humanity before profit then I’m quite happy in my bubble thanks.

I may have different ethics to most employers I remember struggling financially every week it grinds you down, makes you borderline depressed even. As business owner I know what margins you need to achieve before it’s a viable option to employ someone in a particular position all I’m saying is other businesses could pay more yet choose not to it’s far easier to stick to the living wage and let the tax payer pick up the shortfall.

Given the number of people that have replied expressing interest (to the extent the OP has already closed one of the ads), either now or at some point in the future looks like you might have misjudged the mood a bit. The classic 'I was only taking the piss' backtracking doesn't really wash either.

Delighted to say that all 3 jobs have been filled. Yes, we decided to take on 2 machine operators in the end.

There was a great responce from North Stand Chat and I’m delighted to say that one of the jobs has been accepted by a reader of the forum.

Thanks to Bozza for letting me post this sticky. I know it’s well off topic but I’d reccomend this approach to recruiting.

Unless there were any late applications, I think I’ve email all who have applied.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Delighted to say that all 3 jobs have been filled. Yes, we decided to take on 2 machine operators in the end.

There was a great responce from North Stand Chat and I’m delighted to say that one of the jobs has been accepted by a reader of the forum.

Thanks to Bozza for letting me post this sticky. I know it’s well off topic but I’d reccomend this approach to recruiting.

Unless there were any late applications, I think I’ve email all who have applied.

Hang on - where did the other two come from?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here