Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Two job opportunities in Fishersgate

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Is it age restricted? Would you consider 67 yr old?

Thanks to all the responces so far. Great to see that the odd daft comment has already had adequate responce from the forum

There is no age limit.

To those who said this opening is a little early for them, do note we anticipate recruiting for a second machine operator within a few months, so expressing an interest on an email now could be a good idea.

As always, already blown away by the respone and emails I’ve received. Although both positions are immediate, I do need to recuit the machine operator first or there won’t be too much for the packer to pack!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I used NSC to recruit someone for my team about 3.5 years ago. It worked out ridiculously well, so much so that the guy I hired was so good we eventually left that organisation and set up our own, and he is now my business partner in a successful company that are growing and looking to hire as well. In fact I'll probably place my own ad once this one has run it's course.

Good luck, and I hope your hiring works out as well as mine did.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If your a qualified sparks and want to work in London then yes.

Strange. My sparks mates tell me they definitely are skilled labour rather than un/low skilled. Good money for a job you need no skill for!

Anyway good luck Kingcole hope you find someone, always good to see local business growing!

Due to an phenomenal response to the 'part time packer' position, I am going to close this one off.

We have had a decent response to the machine operator position but would welcome additional applications. That does not mean you have necessarily been unsuccessful if you've already applied. I will be contacting everyone who does apply.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Strange. My sparks mates tell me they definitely are skilled labour rather than un/low skilled. Good money for a job you need no skill for!

Anyway good luck Kingcole hope you find someone, always good to see local business growing!
Yeah you’ve missed my point no worries.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
If your a qualified sparks and want to work in London then yes.

Haha, comparing London to Brighton salaries. Amazing.

Assume you offer free transport then to make up the extra £125 a week for that and also pay them while commuting ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Haha, comparing London to Brighton salaries. Amazing.

Assume you offer free transport then to make up the extra £125 a week for that and also pay them while commuting ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jesus my point was the living wage is bullshit as you can’t live on it. Excuse while I hit my head repeatedly against a wall.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Jesus my point was the living wage is bullshit as you can’t live on it.

It seemed more of a slight dig at the OP and the offered wage than anything else.

Wow, you really hit the big time after 3 months :thumbsup:

I do agree that the living wage is absolute crap, and you cannot build much of a life for yourself on such a low wage, especially in the South.
However, the onus is on the worker/employee to make themselves more valuable. Increase you skills, certificates/qualifications and education, and then make more money in a higher skilled position.

Or do what I did, move to another country that offers a 50% higher income, whilst the housing market goes insane and skyrockets to an average of $1.61m per home. :shootself

Last edited:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I won’t its less painful than dealing with thicko’s

I think it might have started with wow you've really hit the big time after 3 months. And how much you pay your trainee loads more. In a different trade. In a different city. Then everyone is thickos. And how a grown adult would expect no life on 300 squid a week. Whilst it's not great I would respectfully suggest that due to the volume of responses a lot of people perhaps live in a slightly different bubble to yourself. Good luck to you though. I would be delighted as would many I am sure to have the opportunity to work with the op. Gotta start somewhere. He sounds like an alright boss. I've had jobs paying vastly more than I get now. But work was hell. I know which I prefer

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think it might have started with wow you've really hit the big time after 3 months. And how much you pay your trainee loads more. In a different trade. In a different city. Then everyone is thickos. And how a grown adult would expect no life on 300 squid a week. Whilst it's not great I would respectfully suggest that due to the volume of responses a lot of people perhaps live in a slightly different bubble to yourself. Good luck to you though. I would be delighted as would many I am sure to have the opportunity to work with the op. Gotta start somewhere. He sounds like an alright boss. I've had jobs paying vastly more than I get now. But work was hell. I know which I prefer
If living in a bubble means treating people with respect and placing humanity before profit then I’m quite happy in my bubble thanks.

I may have different ethics to most employers I remember struggling financially every week it grinds you down, makes you borderline depressed even. As business owner I know what margins you need to achieve before it’s a viable option to employ someone in a particular position all I’m saying is other businesses could pay more yet choose not to it’s far easier to stick to the living wage and let the tax payer pick up the shortfall.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here