Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] From the makers of Line Of Duty....CONTAINS SPOILERS

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They missed a trick by not showing Budd in his new job in the Line of Duty trailer that immediately followed.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The paid critics
Jan Moir, Daily Mail
"There is a fine line between great drama and absurdity, and there were moments when Bodyguard and its bloodied Caped Crusader nearly fell into total farce. Yet it never did. The tense scenes managed to be both gripping and touching."

Bryony Gordon, Daily Telegraph
"Watching the final episode unfold felt a bit like witnessing a grade-A student open up their envelope on exam results day to find a string of Bs. It had tried too hard to impress, and ended up collapsing under the weight of its own expectations."

Carol Midgley, The Times
"Hallelujah for that last cracking 10 minutes of Bodyguard. Because up until then - sorry - I was finding this climax a touch underwhelming. There were many plot holes here but this was event TV and Mercurio, skilled at wrongfooting his viewers, gave us two final twists."

Lucy Mangan, The Guardian
"It has all been a retro-rush. Weekly episodes parcelled out like old times. Cliffhangers you talked about next day by the new watercooler, Twitter."

Mike Ward, Daily Express
"Bear in mind the story still has several tantalising loose ends... Not wishing to put pressure on Mercurio, but series two can't come quickly enough."
Bodyguard has also been a major talking point on social media, with many users wondering about obscure story points and dangling plot threads.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
As with Line of Duty(s) I'm glad it's finished.

Trashy fun, but as BBC police dramas go I thought Happy Valley (s) far better. Still no news on the promised third series.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Hated the happy ending, I keep waiting for him and his family to be blown up in the car. Overall though, a decent enough series.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Thinking about this a bit more I can see a second series. The main beneficiaries are the police and the acting Home Secretary who is now PM. They had the most to gain from sideling the security forces. They also dropped the new terror laws that the assainated Home Secretary wanted introduced.
So although one police link has been caught it’s possible there are still others higher up in play with ties to organised crime and the new PM, who was very in tune with the head of counterterrorism.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It was alright. Problem with it was that the first 20 minutes of the first episode were so good that it was always going to go downhill. The suicide vest scenes in the last episode were well done though, but I felt that the link to his boss as the conspiritor was weak.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Hated the happy ending, I keep waiting for him and his family to be blown up in the car. Overall though, a decent enough series.

exactly this, both my wife and I simultaneously went "boom" thinking the car would (should) go up.

Now that would have been an ending

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Didn't really get the "tension" over the suicide vest. He was unconscious when they put it on him, they taped his thumb down on the dead mans switch. So once he was conscious and up and about, it would've taken quite an effort on his part to actually set it off.

And he somehow manages to slip away, despite the fact there's have been a massive police cordon surrounding the entire area. It was alright overall, but got a bit daft.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I take it that the person who disarmed the bomb in the first episode was on holiday and hadn't bothered to tell anyone how they disarmed it.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Thought the same at first but then again no one would have been expecting him to run at that point so that’s what he was banking on. Also it was right outside his own front door so he’d know the area like the back of his hand and probably had an escape route already planned as a contingency?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I enjoyed it but a few things annoyed me:

The train wasn't right for Euston
Small thing, when him and the kids got home from the train the little boy ran right past the entrance to his house and had to run back again
How did the bomb maker tell her team all about his children and where they went to school from a high security prison
Why did they make the point of him putting the tablet in the boiler, why not let us wonder where it was
How come his wife knew exactly where to dig
How was he going to push the bomber out of the train when the door button was the other side of the toilet surely the bomber would have detonated while waiting for the five seconds or so for the door to open
We were told the first bomb went off when they were trying to disable it but they were able to take if off the women if it was exactly the same why couldn't they take it off Pope the same way
Why would a master bomb maker be wearing the vest in the first place

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I actually thought they did that well, but like you, we said to each other when they all got in the car and drove away....BOOOM!

The twist about the bomber was an interesting one too....so she was never going to blow herself up on the train, it was all to lure him into a hero situation to get his as a CPO for the home sec. that was an excellent twist.

I was convinced it was the chief superintendent who kept fighting with MI5 and I also thought the replacement Home Secretary, who was brilliant in the thick of it btw, was in on it. Especially where he told the pps to stick to the story!

Rollicking good drama...which of course what it was, if that was actually real life and what goes on, we are ****ed!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

She was told to get a shovel and a rope.

Tghe rope was never mentioned again, so presumably in a cut scene it was used to measure a distance from some point ???

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I enjoyed it but a few things annoyed me:

The train wasn't right for Euston
Small thing, when him and the kids got home from the train the little boy ran right past the entrance to his house and had to run back again
How did the bomb maker tell her team all about his children and where they went to school from a high security prison
Why did they make the point of him putting the tablet in the boiler, why not let us wonder where it was
How was he going to push the bomber out of the train when the door button was the other side of the toilet surely the bomber would have detonated while waiting for the five seconds or so for the door to open
We were told the first bomb went off when they were trying to disable it but they were able to take if off the women if it was exactly the same why couldn't they take it off Pope the same way
Why would a master bomb maker be wearing the vest in the first place

Apparently after saying yes..the authorities changed there mind and they couldn't film at/near Euston so had to use a train on a private bit of track in Suffolk/Norfolk..I presume it was their train too

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Look at some of the whinges on here about it not being realistic. Amazing, worse than the moaning about Hughton.

Comfortably the most entertaining tv in donkey's years and people are pulling it apart. Christ. It's fiction.

Next up, why Doctor Who isn't realistic in his time machine...sorry, her*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here