Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Eatinjg in Calais.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You cannot go shopping in Calais without a visit to Cite Europe....its only 10 minutes by car from Calais.....where as Dunkirk is 45 mins away.

Dunkirk is en route to Adinkerke where I get tobacco for my neighbours 2 sons which goes towards ferry fare etc. I do not sell it as such , before anybody jumps in. but they voluntarily give me £5 per pack of 10 towards the ferry.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
If you are only going for the day and you have not been recently rhe foodcourt at Cite Europe has plenty of choice.
There is a new place kids will like called Steak and Shake.

The best food places in town are away from the port and are seafood ( mainly) not the sort of things kids like.....But I can recommend....Brasserie de la mer .....superb Moules ( muscles) and not to pricey.

We visit Calais maybe 3 times a year to pick up wine on the way back from my trips to the WW1 battlefields in France.

Calais gets bad press but there are no migrants in the town....but plenty around the wine warehouses but never caused a problem...

You mean Steak 'n Shake
Restaurant company?

220px-Steak_%27n_Shake_logo.svg.png

Worst restaurant chain I have ever eaten at. The kids will love it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If you're going with car then Nausicaa (sea life) in Boulogne-Sur-Mare is an absolute 100% nailed on win. The place is fantastic. The eating there is OK and not extortionate either and the kids will love it. A brilliant day out guaranteed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Dunkirk is en route to Adinkerke where I get tobacco for my neighbours 2 sons which goes towards ferry fare etc. I do not sell it as such , before anybody jumps in. but they voluntarily give me £5 per pack of 10 towards the ferry.

Cite Europe is one more junction on the motorway, so once you've been to Adinkerke, just go one more stop on the motorway, when returning to Calais.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Adinkerke is in Belgium to the East of Dunkirk.
Cite Europe is to the west of Calais.....60 km from Adinkerke .........mind you BG probably thinks it 20 mins drive!! whereas its probably 45-50 mins with no delays

Yes, I worded my post badly. Cite Europe is just one more stop, on returning to Calais from the ferry port exit.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
We are taking 3 young grandchildren ages 5, 7, 9 to Calais on the ferry for a day out. We need to give them dinner anybody kn ow of cheap child friendly eating places in Calais, if left to them they would opt for McDonalds at Carrefour. There used to be a chicken place near the square which did many different ways of cooked chicken but I think that has closed.down.

Serious note........make sure you have a letter of authorisation from the parents or you might get no further than dover. ( thats assuming the kids parents are not travelling with you.)

https://www.gov.uk/permission-take-child-abroad

Letter of consent template

https://assets.publishing.service.g...Consent_for_Minors_travelling_to_UK_Apr08.pdf

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/...abroad-with-a-child-with-a-different-surname/

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Buffalo Grill was a great Tex-Mex restaurant,near Auchun supermarket.Kids used to love collecting bags of conkers from the little park by the town hall.Don't think French kids have conker fights.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have never seen a speed camera between Calais and Adinkerke. Yes a day trip is 2 fold it gives the children a day out in France and the ferry is paid for so does not cost me. Everybody is happy. Google maps say Calais port to Adinkerke 42 mins about right but it also says 38 mins to Dunkurk. I thought it was a lot quicker.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here