Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Eatinjg in Calais.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As a complete aside I went through Calais ferry port for the first time in decades recently (always do tunnel or Newhaven-Dieppe). Bloody hell that road leading to it is GRIM with all the huge barbed wire fences to keep the immigrants out. Looked like the road through East Germany to West Berlin in the 80s!

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I have never seen a speed camera between Calais and Adinkerke. Yes a day trip is 2 fold it gives the children a day out in France and the ferry is paid for so does not cost me. Everybody is happy. Google maps say Calais port to Adinkerke 42 mins about right but it also says 38 mins to Dunkurk. I thought it was a lot quicker.

They are not big yellow boxes like here.... u ask for advice but know better......enjoy the trip....

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I have never seen a speed camera between Calais and Adinkerke. Yes a day trip is 2 fold it gives the children a day out in France and the ferry is paid for so does not cost me. Everybody is happy. Google maps say Calais port to Adinkerke 42 mins about right but it also says 38 mins to Dunkurk. I thought it was a lot quicker.

A16 à COUDEKERQUE-BRANCHE (PR 124+100), sens Dunkerque vers Calais, 110 km/h
A16 à GRANDE-SYNTHE (PR 116+670), sens Loon-Plage vers Dunkerque, 110 km/h
A16 à CALAIS (PR 85+325), sens Calais vers Boulogne, 110 km/h
A16 à SAINT-INGLEVERT (PR 69+960), sens Boulogne vers Calais, 130 km/h

Thats 4 cameras in a 40k stretch on average every 10k..........maybe you are going so fast that you dont see them?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Dunkirk is en route to Adinkerke where I get tobacco for my neighbours 2 sons which goes towards ferry fare etc. I do not sell it as such , before anybody jumps in. but they voluntarily give me £5 per pack of 10 towards the ferry.

For gods sake dont tell the customs that if your car gets searched

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A16 à COUDEKERQUE-BRANCHE (PR 124+100), sens Dunkerque vers Calais, 110 km/h
A16 à GRANDE-SYNTHE (PR 116+670), sens Loon-Plage vers Dunkerque, 110 km/h
A16 à CALAIS (PR 85+325), sens Calais vers Boulogne, 110 km/h
A16 à SAINT-INGLEVERT (PR 69+960), sens Boulogne vers Calais, 130 km/h

Thats 4 cameras in a 40k stretch on average every 10k..........maybe you are going so fast that you dont see them?

For gods sake dont tell the customs that if your car gets searched

Do you feel like you're pulling teeth:lolol:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Dunkirk is en route to Adinkerke where I get tobacco for my neighbours 2 sons which goes towards ferry fare etc. I do not sell it as such , before anybody jumps in. but they voluntarily give me £5 per pack of 10 towards the ferry.

Reported to HMRC.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They dont actually give me money they look on line at the price and allow £5 per 10 pack to allow for price fluctuation but say keep the change if there is any, towards ferry fare and petrol.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
(Through the style of hangman)
Wouldn't get away with it during 'Br_x_t'

What are you talking about? We're going to have 0% tariffs for imports after Bxerit.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
They dont actually give me money they look on line at the price and allow £5 per 10 pack to allow for price fluctuation but say keep the change if there is any, towards ferry fare and petrol.

£6 for a pack of 20 B&H at Adinkerke, smuggling and profiteering from your mates...........i salute you:salute:
Do you sneak migrants in your boot on the return leg too?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here