Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v India. Third Test. 18-22 Aug. Trent Bridge. (Curran dropped for Stokes).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I didn't realize this was Buttler's first Test hundred. Great stuff :clap2:

Second Test in a row, too, after Woakes last week. Pope's turn next week.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
disgraceful performance from our leading batsmen again led by Root. The captain needs to led by example and unfortunately too often he doesnt.

Root averages close on 50 as Test captain.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My criticism of Root was based on his poor performance in this match not his overall but you need the captain to lead by example in every mact not the odd ones. An example of this has been Bruno's performances for us.you can count the bad ones on 1 hand.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Not convinced that 5 day Tests are sustainable, especially in English conditions. Commercially it just doesn't work: look at the dosh that Sky forks out (OK, more fool them) and then how much empty time they need to fill. Besides, if the 3rd Test was a 4 day one we would have escaped with a draw!
But are 5 dayTests sensible/optimal?

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
Not convinced that 5 day Tests are sustainable, especially in English conditions. Commercially it just doesn't work: look at the dosh that Sky forks out (OK, more fool them) and then how much empty time they need to fill. Besides, if the 3rd Test was a 4 day one we would have escaped with a draw!
But are 5 dayTests sensible/optimal?

Had it been a 4 day test I think India would have declared earlier so we wouldn't have escaped with a draw. I do agree 4day tests are the way forward but something must be done about the over rates.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here