Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What are your expectations and hopes for the United game

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
For me, I am expecting us to lose, I just hope for a major improvement on the lacklustre inept performance against Watford. More closing down and competing for 50/50 balls and some intent in attack. Hoping to see Bissouma and Alireza getting a starting place and maybe Montoya at FB. I won't be too upset if Bong gets his place back over Bernardo either, I think he will be tougher to run through and around than Bernardo, who did not impress me much against Watford, too casual.

If we do lose it will be the manner rather than the losing, we need to show some pride and commitment and CH may need to change things around during the game, if necessary? He takes some blame for last weekend imo.

Looking forward to it though, we can't be that bad again can we? United should let us play and not press like Watford, so fingers crossed for a repeat of last year....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A win is my hope. A defeat is my expectation. A defenestration is my fear.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
I expect a much improved performance but a very tough game .... my heart says we will sneak a win , my head says we will get thumped by 4 or 5 ... very much depends on which Albion turns up , the one that beat Utd last season or the one that played at Watford last week. Will also depend on how moaning maureen has upset or inspired Pogba and the rest as he can certainly make a difference with his mood swings.

Heart 1-0 if we perform like last season
Head 0-4 if we play like we did at Watford

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
As I have taken Monday off to cope with the celebratory hangover we will no doubt get absolutely stuffed, thus rendering me hangover free and wasting a day off.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
improved performance and at least look like scoring - you know that entertain thing? you would expect to be difficult against them especially if Pogba has decided to turn up, but they are also bit ropey at the back for a top team. get in the final third, try to make something happen. rather lose 2-4 than 0-1 pinned back for 90min.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I haven't the foggiest what will happen. Mourinho seems to have some respect for us, said we were the hardest team to play at Old Trafford and scored from a deflected free kick, which shouldn't have been given. He's also allegedly fallen out with Pogba.
We beat them at home, thanks to goal line technology.

It depends on which team turns up, on both sides.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Feeling pessimistic about this one, I'm afraid. Hopefully there will be some signs of improvement which will offer hope that we might win the odd game against lesser rivals.

This season's 0-2 start just feels so much worse than last season's 0-2 start.....................

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
For me, I am expecting us to lose, I just hope for a major improvement on the lacklustre inept performance against Watford. More closing down and competing for 50/50 balls and some intent in attack. Hoping to see Bissouma and Alireza getting a starting place and maybe Montoya at FB. I won't be too upset if Bong gets his place back over Bernardo either, I think he will be tougher to run through and around than Bernardo, who did not impress me much against Watford, too casual.

If we do lose it will be the manner rather than the losing, we need to show some pride and commitment and CH may need to change things around during the game, if necessary? He takes some blame for last weekend imo.

Looking forward to it though, we can't be that bad again can we? United should let us play and not press like Watford, so fingers crossed for a repeat of last year....
Same team selections as you, but probably a bit more upbeat. I think we could get something out of the game, but will need a big improvement from Watford.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I expect a much improved performance but a very tough game .... my heart says we will sneak a win , my head says we will get thumped by 4 or 5 ... very much depends on which Albion turns up , the one that beat Utd last season or the one that played at Watford last week. Will also depend on how moaning maureen has upset or inspired Pogba and the rest as he can certainly make a difference with his mood swings.

Heart 1-0 if we perform like last season
Head 0-4 if we play like we did at Watford

Ah....different scenario last season. We were fighting like mad to secure safety. They had nothing to play for , bar the Cup Final and had gone off the boil. Start of the season, they will be fresher, hungrier and sharper. The strong likelihood is that we will get beaten. No disgrace but means we will go into the Fulham game with zero points ( lets be honest...we are going to get dismantled at Anfield )
At the outset, it looked likely we would lose the four ' big ' games in the opening seven. That left Watford, Fulham and Saints to try and get 4-5 points. At the moment, I can't see that happening. ( 0-3 or 1-3 on Sunday )

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here