Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What are your expectations and hopes for the United game

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have zero expectation from this game and think we will get thumped.

It will be nice to see our new players and hope they are better than the ones we had last year.

It will also be interesting to see how hughton approaches this one with the reports of how dreadful we were against a team that is more in our league than manu who I see in the league above us. Let's see if he parks the bus or using our new players, actually has a go for it.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
As proved last season they are beatable and wasn’t that impressed with them vs Leicester. Especially is Pogba goes in huff after offer from Real /Barca/Juventus/PSG. Whatever happens players have to leave game with confidence because having watched Liverpool hammer West Ham - the last thing needed is to arrive at Anfield with no confidence. Liverpool are going to put 6,7 or more past someone this season

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Man United didn't need the points last time (not more than 1 point) so I expected a draw. This time needing all 3 points a 1-2 defeat for the Albion seems par. Success is doing any better than that. Conversely, losing by more than one goal is a failure although we could push forward looking for an equaliser and concede another late goal which would not be catastrophic.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hoping only to avoid an embarrassment.

March should not start. Bissouma deserves more minutes.

I don’t want to be seen to be joining the witch hunt but I too hope March doesn’t start. He is a better defender than winger at the moment so he probably will start..

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I had a really bizarre dream last night. I was in the tunnel with Mourinho. I don't know if it was at the Amex, but he was going absolutely APESHIT at whatever was happening out on the pitch, and started punching the wall really hard. Then he turned round and stormed out of the stadium. I followed him outside, it was hammering down with rain, and somehow I ended up in the passenger seat of his car. He started pulling away, except there was someone on a pizza delivery moped right next to his car. I was going "whoa, WHOA" but he didn't care, and turned right into them, knocking them over and driving off. I'm not sure if he'd run them over. Thats all I remember, doctor.

I'd bloody LOVE it if that happened on Sunday (apart from the pizza guy of course).
I rarely have vivid dreams, but a couple of weeks ago, I did have a dream about this fixture. It was 0-0 at 90 mins and we had a free kick just outside their box, in front of the North. Just as a player (i'm not sure which) was running up, my alarm went off. The timing was annoying, but I did try and doze off again immediately to continue it. Unfortunately, I'd already told myself it was a dream, and therefore the moment had gone.
AHH, but were the dreams in colour?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
3 points

we only beat them a few weeks ago

in fact there last 3 visits to Sussex they haven't won

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Man United didn't need the points last time (not more than 1 point) so I expected a draw. This time needing all 3 points a 1-2 defeat for the Albion seems par. Success is doing any better than that. Conversely, losing by more than one goal is a failure although we could push forward looking for an equaliser and concede another late goal which would not be catastrophic.

The footballing world and gaming markets would expect wins for ManU and Liverpool. Unfortunately, in this $$$$ division, that is highly likely.

If we do lose both, our season starts afresh, with less nightmarish games ahead and 35 PL games to go. Early days.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Most of all a decent performance and that we compete with them as result is not expected.

I expect us to make it a close game and show some quality on the ball maybe nicking a 1-0 or draw in the process

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Rarely, my hope and expection are both the same: 4-0. It’s just the winning team that changes between the two projections.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Is bit boring but performance main thing and want us to have decent amount of the ball at home! Lot of effort and the new players given a chance would be good judging by Watford.

35% possession minimum needed and a bit of luck, we played well against them and deserved something from both games last season. Bong cheated by Lukaku on the line in the loss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here