Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Stand Access

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Slightly wrong.....a fire recall lift will run to the ground floor when the fire alarm is activated....its not switched off.manually.......if it does not have an alarm recall then a manual recall can be fitted.
The reason they home run to the ground floor is to prevent people using them. It also lets the firefighters see very quickly no one is trapped.

However certain lifts are designed as firefighting and evacuation lifts. These are lifts with host of safety features including self rescue facility ie hatch in the roof and a ladder on the car top..
Comms between car and ground floor.and motor room....fail safe power back up...doors stay closed on arrival at landing.................OK its boring but its my job....

Fair enough - interesting stuff. I don't know if the West Stand lifts are the ones you mention. One would assume they are, given the stadium's overall ratings.

Whatever, they still told laddo in his chair to scram.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Fair enough - interesting stuff. I don't know if the West Stand lifts are the ones you mention. One would assume they are, given the stadium's overall ratings.

Whatever, they still told laddo in his chair to scram.

They should be fire recall lifts ......I will have a nose at the East stand ones on Sunday.... you can tell from the ground floor landing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My youngest son got an injury playing football a couple of years back and they wouldnt allow him to use the lifts but moved him with his wheelchair to another area. On the point of an emergency how does the Bernabau over come it as they have escalators going up to all levels of the ground and reversed to come down after the game.

For the Amex East Stand Upper, escalators would be run in reverse from 55 minutes into each game.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
My dad's broken his hip recently and he's in the WSU. As far as I know he's being moved elsewhere in the ground for the season as the lift in the WSU isn't an option.
Same thing happened to me when I was in plaster after an ankle operation.
However I saw a member of staff on crutches in WSU so I asked how she got up the the WSU guess what the lift.
So in a emergency that would be dangerous.

RustyKent

Jun 2, 2014
Herne Bay
Thanks for the replies. I contacted supporter services and they were able to exchange a ticket for one in ESU. However no concessions and had to pay full price.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here