Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
***cough*** That'll be 14 points out of a possible 30. ***cough***

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't think I am missing the point, suggesting a Poyet team could only 'do it' when they were playing a team already beaten.

The 2012/13 goals scored statistic is erroneous and you know it.
15 of those goals came from just 3 games, all against teams that ended the season in the bottom half of the table.

That season the Albion drew their way to 4th, drawing 18 games, the most in that division.

Shirley a team capable of scoring 15 goals in 3 games, ought to be capable of turning some of those 18 draws into wins?

Edit - Oh dear god I've just realised what's happened.
I take all of it back, everything was great under Poyet, you were right I was wrong, sorry for troubling you, bye.

Under Poyet at the Amex we came back from a goal down only once. ONCE. And that was the first game at home. So I think you have a point. Weird stat, that. For a 'successful' side.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Under Poyet at the Amex we came back from a goal down only once. ONCE. And that was the first game at home. So I think you have a point. Weird stat, that. For a 'successful' side.

I break down Poyet's Albion time as follows (a personal view to be shot down by NSC assasins).

1. Withdean 18 months - brilliant counter attacking football, after wearing teams down with possession. Run away with the title, despite having only the 6th biggest budget. Brilliance by Murray, Calderon, Bennett, Barnes & co.

2. Amex - very cautious, slow, predictable football. Generally low scoring for a top team, with an awful lot of home non-wins it seemed at the time. I think Garcia carried on in the same vein in tactics. Almost a miracle that we made the playoffs with that. CMS was very poor, but I know others love the player.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here